426 lockup

No replies to this topic
  • Hitman

Posted December 10, 2007 - 05:25 PM

ok i just put 3 new ss intake valves and a new set of rings in my 01 426. when i got it back together, it started on the third kick. i rode it easy for a few minutes, then stopped and let it idle to check the oil anyway the oil was fine and i rode a few minutes more. i stopped and the bike sat for maybe 15 minutes. i started the bike again on the first kick. i took off a little hard (but not on the rev limiter or anything) and i made it about 75 yards and i thought i stalled it in a turn but when i went to restart it the kick starter was locked up. rolled it back to my shop and it turned backwards fine at the flywheel with no bind or anything, and then i tried the other way at the flywheel and then the kickstarter and it seems fine. i check and rechecked the valve timing and it is still on. so i backed it out and it fired up on the third kick i let it idle a little while and revved it very mildly and all seems fine. does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. could maybe the crank timing gear be worn enough to bind it up. could i have put something back together wrong that could have got in a bind momentarily, i also had the right side cover off and the clutch out to inspect the oil pump thanks for any input

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.