vibrations, vibrations, vibrations

Good afternoon,

last weekend i did a longer journey on my XR650R 07. My speed was between

110-130kph on the highway (120speedlimit).

After a while the vibrations from the engine are starting to bother me a lot.

When i was sitting in the cafe, my body was still vibrating for half an hour:thumbsdn:

So now my question, will a taller gearing (15-48, 15-45) bring the vibrations down at the above mentioned speed, or is there any other solution to get the

vibration devil out of the engine???

Thanks!

I run 15/45 and it's not bad just the seat is still a killer on rides over 50 miles on the road, I allso have Oury Streetbike Grips with the big square blocks, they work very well if you have big hands, you have to call Oury to get them.

theres no significant vibration in this bike.if this vibration bathers you then thank God you didn't buy ktm!!!anyway if it is that much ,then i think you should have it checked.

There was SLIGHT vibration as said. This bike is not stock. Piston, cam, rod kit, carb, big gun exhaust, air box mods, head work, suspension, gearing, etc. The killer vibes I think come from not the motor per say , but the Pirelli legal knobby tires. I had a more road friendly tire on it and did not have the high rev vibes as much. To much rise on these bikes creat MORE vibration as with the harmonics. The farther away from the source, the greater the range of vibration. Now my CR500R is another story-worse than a hardtail HD!! I just deal with it on that thing!

04XR650l.jpg

My 2007 XR650R is my only commuter, so i will easily do 100 miles a day sometimes. Its fine for me because im on mostly back roads, or in town. So im wacking it up then back down. When i have to cruise at 65-75 for long periods my ass is killing me with vibs, and i have 15-45 gearing.

Now i know where the word hard enduro is comming from.

But from Honda i really expect more, but its me to blame, because

i bought it without testride and trusted Honda, my mistake!

Will another handlebar eliminate the vibrations in the hands?

I'd try some good grips first. I've seen handlebars for 250$ that Will reduce vibration. That is a little pricey though, but supposedly the best. I went with the fatbars and anti vibe risers. Cost close to the same, but I needed the rise. Another option would be a triple clamp that you can bolt whatver type riser you want on it. Out of all my rides, the XRL is now the least. Then the DR, then the 650r(not mine yet), 600r and then CR500R. The CR has antivibe bushings at the triple clamp, and is still like holding a jackhammer at certain rr's. The 600R left me buzzing a few times in my arms. If you are talking about your A$$ being uncomfortable on your 650R, join the club or buy a custom seat!!

I have put thousands of miles on two 650Ls with stock gearing since 1994. :banghead: Niether bike ever gave me a vibration problem until 60 MPH or higher. True, they will sit on 70 MPH and higher all day - but my mortal body can't do it for long at those speeds. I may put 300 miles on mine on a given day, but I must avoid speeds that are too high in order to do it.

Once I got in a pinch and had to ride about 100 miles to get home at 70 - 80 MPH. My wife had to help me off the bike and into the house. My whole body tingled for an hour.

The best way to ride a 650L is under 60 MPH as much as you can. Choose a scenic route and enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...
I changed the gaering now to 14 - 45 with stock wheels, and it seems perfect.

The vibrations at the same speed are in my opinion more than 50percent less.

:banghead:

Yammx, I'm also in UAE (Dubai) with a 650R. Let me know if you want to join us for rides, I ride with a buddy who has a KTM 950 SE.

Nothing too extreme, just fun rides. We might be going to Fossil Rock this weekend, hoping there's been some rain in the dunes...

Here's the kind of stuff we do...

and this was me 2 weeks ago near Al Aweer

and a few months ago, also with a KTM 640

PM me if you wanna join us.