90/100-21 or 80/100-21 Front?

4 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted December 09, 2007 - 06:43 PM

Any significance going either way? I have the 90 on my YZ, but what sort of difference would I notice riding with an 80?

Bridgestone of course. :banghead:

Thanks!

• todds924

Posted December 09, 2007 - 10:33 PM

Any significance going either way? I have the 90 on my YZ, but what sort of difference would I notice riding with an 80?

Bridgestone of course. :banghead:

Thanks!

I love the new Bridgestone 403/404 tires! Currently i am running a 404 rear with an 80/100/21 756 on the front. I tried the 90/100/21 403 on my 08 and hated it. It felt like it was hard to get the front end layed over in the corners comparerd to the 80. I probably could have gotten used to it after awhile but i guess when you've been racing with the 80 all the time its what your used to. I would say at least try the 80.....you might be very surprised how much better your bike turns. Another thought...........If the 90 was the way to go, how come that isn't the stock specified size? I know the KXF 450's come stock with a 90 and maybe the RMZ....but not Honda or Yamaha.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 09, 2007 - 11:29 PM

I haven't tried one on the '06's, so it may not directly apply, but it might be of interest, anyway. I tried a 401a on the '03, and didn't notice any increased reluctance to turn in. Traction was good on hard pack and harder intermediate, but it skated in sand a bit and dug at the edges of ruts and in furrowed sand washes. Overall, I didn't care for it.

• twenty34

Posted December 10, 2007 - 08:42 PM

I haven't tried one on the '06's, so it may not directly apply, but it might be of interest, anyway. I tried a 401a on the '03, and didn't notice any increased reluctance to turn in. Traction was good on hard pack and harder intermediate, but it skated in sand a bit and dug at the edges of ruts and in furrowed sand washes. Overall, I didn't care for it.

Tires are like woman... You just can't decide which one works best. :busted:

I have the 401a on my YZ and I've been happy with it, but I wanted to try the new 403 on my CRF, so I think I'll go the stock 80 route and see what happens. I'm still not sure how I feel about the 742FA, but I have nothing bad to say about it either. I may not even be fast enough to know what's a good tire.:banghead:

P.S. this forum is way better than the "other" forum. A better and more helpful community, IMO.

• todds924

Posted December 10, 2007 - 09:36 PM

Tires are like woman... You just can't decide which one works best. :busted:

I have the 401a on my YZ and I've been happy with it, but I wanted to try the new 403 on my CRF, so I think I'll go the stock 80 route and see what happens. I'm still not sure how I feel about the 742FA, but I have nothing bad to say about it either. I may not even be fast enough to know what's a good tire.:banghead:

P.S. this forum is way better than the "other" forum. A better and more helpful community, IMO.

Never hurts to try out different things to find what you like. Let us know what you think about the 80!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.