exhaust problem... i need help!

Ok so I bought my 04 YZ450F 2 weeks ago. This is the second time i have rode it and the exhaust on it broke in half coming out of the engine today. It has a white brothers exhaust on it. Im not possitive which model but i cant find anywhere that sells just the white brother headers. Does anyone know a.) of any places that i can buy a white brothers header only? or b.) if the fmf power bomb header will work with the white brothers exhaust?

Other suggestions are also welcome. I want to try to get this crap fixed before next weekened so i can go back out and ride! Thanks in advance.

Jason

try to call white bros and see what they can do, if they can't do anything then try to get a test fit for that powerbomb (if its at the dealership and not on hand, ask if you bring down your muffler if they wil let you see if it fits, although this won't mean it will line up on the bike but it just might) and if worse comes to worse you could buy the full system and sell the muffler as a slip on or explain your story.

no welding it. it was a crazy break and all jagged bent up pipe. i was on the trail when it happened and i had to ride the bike back. the pipe fell off on the way back and i dont know where. didnt really care to go back and look for it. i figured it wasnt good to be riding it with no exhaust and that section was useless anyways. i am going to try to call white brothers today and see what they can do for me. thanks for the help guys.

so now i have taken the bike out 2 times, the throttle stuck on me and i wrecked the first time and it bent up a bunch of crap, then the exhaust broke the 2nd time. i have bad luck with dirt bikes lol.

The header was already bent pretty bad at the engine when i bought the bike. I knew it was going to eventually need to be replaced. I just didnt want it to be this soon.

I called white brothers today. I was able to order the white brothers header thru them. it cost me 230 dollars shipped. The header was 190 dollars. I think the exhaust actually cracked thru on the 2nd ride because i heard it start popping but i didnt know why it was doing it untill it broke in half. They said i probably wont get the pipe till next monday though which sucks because the weather is great around here and I have the weekend off! I want to ride!

so now i have taken the bike out 2 times, the throttle stuck on me and i wrecked the first time and it bent up a bunch of crap, then the exhaust broke the 2nd time. i have bad luck with dirt bikes lol.

Just a thought... While you are waiting on your pipe this weekend, take some extra time and go thru your bike and check everything. A little PM in the garage can save some time on the trail & track.

Good luck on your next ride. 3rd time will be the charm...