exhaust problem... i need help!

10 replies to this topic
  • eclipseworld22

Posted December 09, 2007 - 05:52 PM

Ok so I bought my 04 YZ450F 2 weeks ago. This is the second time i have rode it and the exhaust on it broke in half coming out of the engine today. It has a white brothers exhaust on it. Im not possitive which model but i cant find anywhere that sells just the white brother headers. Does anyone know a.) of any places that i can buy a white brothers header only? or b.) if the fmf power bomb header will work with the white brothers exhaust?

Other suggestions are also welcome. I want to try to get this crap fixed before next weekened so i can go back out and ride! Thanks in advance.

Jason

• nap__kxf

Posted December 09, 2007 - 08:04 PM

try to call white bros and see what they can do, if they can't do anything then try to get a test fit for that powerbomb (if its at the dealership and not on hand, ask if you bring down your muffler if they wil let you see if it fits, although this won't mean it will line up on the bike but it just might) and if worse comes to worse you could buy the full system and sell the muffler as a slip on or explain your story.

• BC3

Posted December 09, 2007 - 08:30 PM

Weld it ?

• eclipseworld22

Posted December 10, 2007 - 04:24 AM

no welding it. it was a crazy break and all jagged bent up pipe. i was on the trail when it happened and i had to ride the bike back. the pipe fell off on the way back and i dont know where. didnt really care to go back and look for it. i figured it wasnt good to be riding it with no exhaust and that section was useless anyways. i am going to try to call white brothers today and see what they can do for me. thanks for the help guys.

so now i have taken the bike out 2 times, the throttle stuck on me and i wrecked the first time and it bent up a bunch of crap, then the exhaust broke the 2nd time. i have bad luck with dirt bikes lol.

• BergArabia

Posted December 10, 2007 - 04:42 AM

so now i have taken the bike out 2 times, the throttle stuck on me and i wrecked the first time and it bent up a bunch of crap, then the exhaust broke the 2nd time. i have bad luck with dirt bikes lol.

I wonder if you cracked the pipe on the first trip?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted December 10, 2007 - 06:14 AM

Any WB authorized dealer can order the header only.:banghead:

• Racer808

Posted December 10, 2007 - 08:08 AM

I highly doubt the WB would fit with a Mega Bomb. Even if it did, the WB would not be tuned to work with the mega bomb

• eclipseworld22

Posted December 10, 2007 - 09:26 AM

The header was already bent pretty bad at the engine when i bought the bike. I knew it was going to eventually need to be replaced. I just didnt want it to be this soon.

I called white brothers today. I was able to order the white brothers header thru them. it cost me 230 dollars shipped. The header was 190 dollars. I think the exhaust actually cracked thru on the 2nd ride because i heard it start popping but i didnt know why it was doing it untill it broke in half. They said i probably wont get the pipe till next monday though which sucks because the weather is great around here and I have the weekend off! I want to ride!

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted December 10, 2007 - 07:24 PM

Just a thought... While you are waiting on your pipe this weekend, take some extra time and go thru your bike and check everything. A little PM in the garage can save some time on the trail & track.

Good luck on your next ride. 3rd time will be the charm...

• eclipseworld22

Posted December 11, 2007 - 04:32 AM

yeah i have been trying to look everything over. i have been really busy latley so its hard to find the time. im going to get it right. im not reallly worried about that.

• almostinvincible119

Posted December 11, 2007 - 06:19 AM

whitebros.com just follow the site to the replacement parts

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.