For all you NX 650 Fans out there

69 replies to this topic
  • SteveON

Posted January 01, 2008 - 09:16 AM

Ok here are a couple of pic's (at least I hope so).
Posted ImageSteveON

• SteveON

Posted January 01, 2008 - 09:17 AM

anotherPosted Image

• martinfan30

Posted January 01, 2008 - 11:18 AM

bad ass! very clean!:banghead: :busted:

• SteveON

Posted January 01, 2008 - 06:42 PM

Thanks! I think it looks pretty good to have been sprayed with spray cans.

• captb

Posted January 01, 2008 - 06:57 PM

Looks nice, I like the bikes from the cool era when you could go to the Honda shop and see so many new bikes you wanted to buy.

• mikesbaron

Posted August 24, 2008 - 06:14 PM

This XR650R whatever thing is awesome!!! where did you find it?

Sure would be nice if Honda made a new NX out of the XR650R. Maybe if we're lucky Yamaha will bring the Tenere over and it will be a success, thus prompting a competing bike from Honda.

Ya know, something along these lines except with practical street stuff instead of Dakar race stuff...:
Posted Image

Slim that ^ down a little, add a little rack, passenger pegs, etc and make an updated, street legal version of the old NX650. I wouldn't even need electric start (I'd take it though):
Posted Image

I always wanted a Honda version of the 640 Adventurer. The XR650R would make a great platform for that.
Posted Image

I know, I know--it's never gonna happen. :thumbsup: We can dream though.

• smicer

Posted August 24, 2008 - 09:01 PM

i have 3 hondas 650s now...

one is my fav XR650R
Posted Image
bought this in march for street use as well as a little project.'94 NX650 E-start only
Posted Image
which now has been transformed back to its original form as i have just bought another domi and the project will be transfer to that one.
Posted Image
might be selling this...i can't be holding on to 4bikes...so has to keep a solid 3bikes.

and here's the '87 NX650 comes with both E-start and kickstart.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Honda....:thumbsup:

• mikesbaron

Posted August 24, 2008 - 09:17 PM

SMICER that fairing on the XR650R is sick!! Do they sell it seperately where I can buy one to mount to an XRR?

Also, anyone with the NX650, US versions; how do they ride for longer commutes?

• HeadTrauma

Posted August 24, 2008 - 09:20 PM

Since this old thread was brought back, I don't have to feel bad about quoting an old post. :thumbsup:

The one @ P-dale Honda looks like this:
Posted Image

Was it a Transalp or an Africa Twin? I vividly remember seeing an Africa Twin there years ago and knew right then and there that I would have to own one. I heard through the grapevine that the guy has multiple Hondas like that.

• smicer

Posted August 25, 2008 - 08:41 AM

SMICER that fairing on the XR650R is sick!! Do they sell it seperately where I can buy one to mount to an XRR?

hi...thanks...the fairings i did a fibreglass job out of a beatup '87 NX650 front fairings with different headlens and windshield customised according to my likings...

the nx will do great for commute and even longer commutes or trips as its engine is smoother than the XRR and it has cush drives on the rear wheel and handlebar clamp..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r3r3r

Posted August 29, 2008 - 12:54 PM

I don't commute with mine, but it is way more comfortable on long recreational rides than my XR250L. And much smoother than when I tried out a XR650L.

• mikesbaron

Posted December 13, 2008 - 08:31 PM

This Honda XRR below is sick. Does anyone know anything about the fairing?
Posted Image

Sure would be nice if Honda made a new NX out of the XR650R. Maybe if we're lucky Yamaha will bring the Tenere over and it will be a success, thus prompting a competing bike from Honda.

Ya know, something along these lines except with practical street stuff instead of Dakar race stuff...:
Posted Image

Slim that ^ down a little, add a little rack, passenger pegs, etc and make an updated, street legal version of the old NX650. I wouldn't even need electric start (I'd take it though):
Posted Image

I always wanted a Honda version of the 640 Adventurer. The XR650R would make a great platform for that.
Posted Image

I know, I know--it's never gonna happen. :thumbsup: We can dream though.

• EarlT

Posted December 30, 2008 - 03:17 PM

Getting Title for Grey market MC

Try doing a Lien Sale.

• mikesbaron

Posted January 01, 2009 - 09:23 PM

Here's a site for great adventure rallye parts!

Here's a sweet site for adventure rally fairings and such!
http://www.maratonra...facturers_id=27

• Caravan Monster

Posted January 02, 2009 - 02:34 PM

There are plenty of NX650' s over here in the UK. Here' s a British forum that covers the sort of models that might be of interest:

http://www.xrv.org.u...isplay.php?f=28

Now that the exchange rates are levelling out, it' s a shame that it' s so difficult to import bikes into the States - NX650 is not generally expensive to buy secondhand over here.

• martinfan30

Posted January 02, 2009 - 07:00 PM

There are plenty of NX650' s over here in the UK. Here' s a British forum that covers the sort of models that might be of interest:

http://www.xrv.org.u...isplay.php?f=28

Now that the exchange rates are levelling out, it' s a shame that it' s so difficult to import bikes into the States - NX650 is not generally expensive to buy secondhand over here.

Whats wrong with you blokes?

No XR650L forum?

:thinking:

• valvesrule

Posted January 02, 2009 - 11:52 PM

The one @ P-dale Honda looks like this:
Posted Image

My local dealer has one on the floor. Don't know the price.

• Caravan Monster

Posted January 03, 2009 - 01:02 AM

Whats wrong with you blokes?

No XR650L forum?

:thinking:

That' s because no one has ever seen a 650L over here - I believe there are one or two in the country, but very few were ever imported, and they were certainly never an official UK model. Even the 600R was only an official UK model for a couple of years. However, Honda has deemed the NX650 appropriate for the UK market for years. The 650R was also around for a good few years as an official UK model.

With some devious VIN plate swapping, perhaps there is a mutually beneficial opportunity for exchanging XR' s and NX' s between the UK and the US?

• martinfan30

Posted January 03, 2009 - 08:58 AM

That' s because no one has ever seen a 650L over here - I believe there are one or two in the country, but very few were ever imported, and they were certainly never an official UK model. Even the 600R was only an official UK model for a couple of years. However, Honda has deemed the NX650 appropriate for the UK market for years. The 650R was also around for a good few years as an official UK model.

With some devious VIN plate swapping, perhaps there is a mutually beneficial opportunity for exchanging XR' s and NX' s between the UK and the US?

I figured as much. The NX was sold for a couple years, anyway.

I think anything is possible, but I'm not touching that one.

• HeadTrauma

Posted January 03, 2009 - 06:42 PM

That' s because no one has ever seen a 650L over here -

What about that NX/XR650L-based supermoto bike being sold in Europe? Not the same thing, but pretty close....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.