My New 08

12 replies to this topic
  • CRFsean

Posted December 09, 2007 - 04:09 PM

My First 450, I just finished doing 4 heatcycles for the break-in period. Now I can go ride it next weekend. I couldn't believe it when my dad took me to the dealer, and said we were buying it. My dad is providing the opportunity for me to buy it, but I am paying for all of it. And it is my first brand new bike. Feels a lot more powerful than my 05 YZ250f thats for sure. I am however going to ditch the stock exhaust. Any recomendations? I was thinking of going with the White Bros. XCR since it is affordable and seems like a quality item. The only thing I notice with this bike, is that it is hard to find neutral and when you do find it, it makes this faint noise, its like the clutch is just barely engaging, but not enough to move the bike and it goes away when you pull the clutch in. Is this just because it is new?

Anyway, Here are some pictures

Posted Image

Brought it inside before it was run, lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I love that it has excels
Posted Image

At least it looks cool, lol
Posted Image

All of the Yamahas
Posted Image

• Yz400Flyer

Posted December 09, 2007 - 04:34 PM

Very nice! It must be nice to get a spanking brand new bike.

Are you going to sell the 250?

AVM

• jcmmcgee

Posted December 09, 2007 - 04:42 PM

That thing is gorgous:applause:

• CRFsean

Posted December 09, 2007 - 04:42 PM

Very nice! It must be nice to get a spanking brand new bike.

Are you going to sell the 250?

AVM

ya most likely, i don't want to, but it will be hard to afford this one without selling the 250

• grayracer513

Posted December 09, 2007 - 04:56 PM

... it makes this faint noise, its like the clutch is just barely engaging, but not enough to move the bike and it goes away when you pull the clutch in. Is this just because it is new?

No, it's normal:

http://www.thumperta...282#post5362282

• CRFsean

Posted December 09, 2007 - 05:03 PM

No, it's normal:

http://www.thumperta...282#post5362282

sweet, thanks Grayracer, I figured it was normal. better safe than sorry, since it comes with a 30 day warranty, lol.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CISCO

Posted December 09, 2007 - 06:47 PM

Congrats on the big beastie. Nice fender stickers BTW:thumbsup:

• Racer808

Posted December 09, 2007 - 07:11 PM

If I may chime in, I recomend the yoshimura RS-2 system. I love it on my 08 yz450. The best part is, so far it seems to be the only exhaust system that does not require moving the header to replace the oil filter, which is a huge bonus in my opinion. I have had Dr. D's on my other yz's and this is my first Yosh, but I dont think I will buy another Dr D after having this Yosh. My 08 was sort of hard to find neutral as well, it gets better after break in and and a few oil changes. Its a great bike though, enjoy!

• loudarbs

Posted December 09, 2007 - 07:20 PM

Don't buy a pipe just yet. It's going to take a little bit of time to get use to the jump to a 450. Put your money on some tack time or better yet, pay it off sooner:thumbsup:

• BergArabia

Posted December 09, 2007 - 07:22 PM

Congrats on your bike.
Great parents you got there.
Dad and mom (she let you bring the bike in haha)..
Enjoy..

• CRFsean

Posted December 09, 2007 - 08:06 PM

ya, I agree with you loudarbs, it is going to be weird riding track at first, as the 250f was perfectly fine, actually probably more than enough power, but I ride sand a lot so this is a much better bike for the dunes. But down the line when I can afford it, I would still like to purchase an exhaust.

• todds924

Posted December 09, 2007 - 10:20 PM

My First 450, I just finished doing 4 heatcycles for the break-in period. Now I can go ride it next weekend. I couldn't believe it when my dad took me to the dealer, and said we were buying it. My dad is providing the opportunity for me to buy it, but I am paying for all of it. And it is my first brand new bike. Feels a lot more powerful than my 05 YZ250f thats for sure. I am however going to ditch the stock exhaust. Any recomendations? I was thinking of going with the White Bros. XCR since it is affordable and seems like a quality item. The only thing I notice with this bike, is that it is hard to find neutral and when you do find it, it makes this faint noise, its like the clutch is just barely engaging, but not enough to move the bike and it goes away when you pull the clutch in. Is this just because it is new?

Anyway, Here are some pictures

Posted Image

Brought it inside before it was run, lol.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I love that it has excels
Posted Image

At least it looks cool, lol
Posted Image

All of the Yamahas
Posted Image

You need to get some hard laps on that thing and the tranny will loosen up nice. Mine was like that new also. You will love any pipe compared to the stock one.

• Slinkyman16

Posted December 09, 2007 - 10:45 PM

nice bike.. sometimes i wish i had gone the blue way when i bought my 07 450.. but im partial to white.. none the less good lookin bike.. hold of on the exhaust untill you get used to it. in the mean time bump the rear sprocket up to a 50 and you will be more then happy for the time being. where do you ride?

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.