Dr. D vs FMF exhaust system

10 replies to this topic
  • axman2292

Posted December 09, 2007 - 09:23 AM

I have a 2002 YZ426..looking to upgrade my stock exhaust system. All of my riding is trails and hill climbing. I was looking at the FMF Q2 with a power bomb vs the Dr. D, d-shape complete exhaust system. Let me know what you guys think. I priced out both systems and I can get either one for about the same price..so cost is not an issue...Just want the best bang for the buck!!!

Thanks, AXMAN

• motomanmike26

Posted December 09, 2007 - 10:11 AM

id take the fmf over the dr.d. i like fmf better then any exhaust company. but thats just me. i put on fmf 4.1's with powerbomb headers and it gives my bikes a lot more power. but i race so its different.
just my 2cents..

• DPW

Posted December 09, 2007 - 10:46 AM

dubach...excellent customer support and products!

• GixRider

Posted December 09, 2007 - 01:29 PM

Dr. D for me and my 426... Couldn't be happier. Yes, their customer service rocks.

• todds924

Posted December 09, 2007 - 01:59 PM

If its a choice between those 2....go with the DR D.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted December 09, 2007 - 04:59 PM

If it were me, then if my riding were mostly on private land where it will be uncorked then I would get the Dr. D. If I were going to ride most often on public land or where the bike needs to be quiet, then I would get the FMF-Q. The Dr. D is designed for moto with a quiet option, and the FMF-Q is designed to perform well when quiet. So I think in uncorked mode the Dr. D is going to perform better, but in quiet mode I think the FMF-Q will be better.

• DPW

Posted December 09, 2007 - 05:06 PM

even with the Dubach quiet insert you would still go with the FMF?

• buzzgrizz

Posted December 09, 2007 - 05:15 PM

GET the dr. d i put one on my 426 and it helped the bottom end wich seriously helps on the trails and hills

• axman2292

Posted December 09, 2007 - 08:27 PM

Wow..thanks for all the great replies..looks like the Dr. D is the way to go ....I will be making a purchase this week. I will repost when I get it all dialed in...Thanks to those who posted.

Axman

• Wes Woodin

Posted December 12, 2007 - 01:01 PM

GET the dr. d i put one on my 426 and it helped the bottom end wich seriously helps on the trails and hills

I'm going DrD too.:banghead:

• Sukutto

Posted February 02, 2008 - 09:25 AM

I have a 2002 YZ426..looking to upgrade my stock exhaust system. All of my riding is trails and hill climbing. I was looking at the FMF Q2 with a power bomb vs the Dr. D, d-shape complete exhaust system. Let me know what you guys think. I priced out both systems and I can get either one for about the same price..so cost is not an issue...Just want the best bang for the buck!!!

Thanks, AXMAN

Where did you find Part numbers and prices on these. I checked the parts catalog here and just find listings for the 450's
Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.