Upsidedown shocks on my 650L

6 replies to this topic
  • XR_650L_Slugtaco

Posted October 06, 2002 - 06:45 AM

Anybody here of anyone putting upside down shocks on there XR650L... just curious.

• MXbob60

Posted October 06, 2002 - 07:03 AM

I've seen a couple of guys put KX forks on the 250L to help it out in the tight woods... Supermoto guys put 'em on their 650's. What are you trying to achieve with this mod.. function or eyecandy? I'm not sure that even a set of Ohlins would much improve the XRL's manners in the tight stuff.

• wattner

Posted October 09, 2002 - 10:34 AM

I have a set of W/P upside down forks I had on my last XR-650l. I used these for about a year and loved them. I purchased a newer XR650L and kept the forks, but I did not install on new bike, as the forks were re-valved and came with a SRC fork brace.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR_650L_Slugtaco

Posted October 09, 2002 - 04:41 PM

Do you stiil have the W/P upside down forks and if so are you interested in selling them... how much?

If not how much did it cost to get them and put them on.

Hope to here from you soon.

• wattner

Posted October 10, 2002 - 08:57 AM

I still have them. They currently are set up with Pro-tapers, Pro- taper hand guards, and the axle is set up for a XR650L. The only thing to change is the bearings in your front wheel. The axle diameter is not the same as stock, but I think I even have a set of replacement bearings(new). I have not considered selling these before, but I would be interested I suppose. I have kinda changed my focus to racing and probably won't be messing with the 650L as much. I originally paid $650.00 for these forks plus the pro-tapers, mounts, handguards, etc. By the way, this is an awesome set up with an extra cool factor, gets alot of attention. Action on the forks is magic, just dial away and go from dirt to street.

• XR_650L_Slugtaco

Posted October 11, 2002 - 03:34 AM

So lets say you are willing to sell them now... how much :)

Oh ya I live in canada... so $650 is pretty much doubled here. Damn stupid canadian dollar :D

Anyways just let me know if your interested in selling.

Im only interested if the price is totally duable for me.

• wattner

Posted October 11, 2002 - 05:56 AM

I will take $500.00, this includes Pro-taper set up.You can PM me @wattner@aol.com.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.