carburetor joint on my yz400f is toast Do you have any jery riggin tips?

8 replies to this topic
  • yz400f_Torqer

Posted December 08, 2007 - 09:23 PM

yeah ive been having problems with my bike popping alot latey.and found the problem.The carb joint the attaches the carb to the head,has a slit and is sucking air when im riding,could this cause the bike to pop a lot and cause it to run lean?

• grayracer513

Posted December 08, 2007 - 09:28 PM

It could. Replace it.

• yz400f_Torqer

Posted December 08, 2007 - 09:35 PM

I cant find one anywere....

• 426_kid

Posted December 08, 2007 - 09:35 PM

REPLACE... lol theres no jurry riggin on vital parts unless its a must just replace it... its prolly like 25 bucks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • todds924

Posted December 09, 2007 - 02:14 PM

yeah ive been having problems with my bike popping alot latey.and found the problem.The carb joint the attaches the carb to the head,has a slit and is sucking air when im riding,could this cause the bike to pop a lot and cause it to run lean?

Yes it will cause it to run lean and you carb adjustments will be all over the place. This is not a good thing.

• Thomas6x

Posted December 09, 2007 - 05:26 PM

I cant find one anywere....

......in the tool box or the part store?

I have one in my parts box but I'm not just anywhere.:banghead: :busted: :D

• USED YZ426F

Posted December 10, 2007 - 07:12 AM

That will definitely cause it to run lean and needs to be replaced. Have you tried the local dealer?

• yz400f_Torqer

Posted December 10, 2007 - 05:26 PM

yeah I called around everywere and no one seems to have it in stock....what should i do?Oh yeah and the last time i rode it .I took it back home and the radiator didnt have any coolant in it at all?I no it had some before i rode.when i put the coolant back in there it doesnt leak???It only does it when its running I guess....

• bnyfe

Posted December 10, 2007 - 05:43 PM

Seen this problem many times. Temporary fix is to rtv (high temp red sealant you can find it at Wal-Mart or any automotive store). be sure to clean an dry the boot well. Apply around entire boot not just in the crack and let dry overnight. this will work until the new boot arrives.

Try it... yes it is jerry rigging....but it works.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.