????????????S help

3 replies to this topic
  • dbgdrinkmonster

Posted December 08, 2007 - 08:01 PM

WHat is the danger of the grey wire mod, and should i remove the smog pump.

• clark4131

Posted December 08, 2007 - 08:40 PM

Two day ago you were riding a CRF250X, now you're worried about the grey wire and AIS on a WR450. What's the deal? Do yourself a favor and read the stickies, particularly the FAQ...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbgdrinkmonster

Posted December 09, 2007 - 05:58 PM

O i posted it for a good friend of mine who has an 08 wr450. his computer is broken.

• erickdj

Posted December 09, 2007 - 10:04 PM

WHat is the danger of the grey wire mod, and should i remove the smog pump.

no danger at all from disconnecting the grey wire, just make sure you know which wire it is. do a search and you'll find a thread with a picture posted. keep in mind that the grey wire location is different on the 07 WR's compared to the older models. You don't NEED to remove the smog pump, it really won't do you any benefit. People only remove it to have a "cleaner" look, even though you can barely see any difference on the 07 model. Removing it also may get rid of some of the exhaust popping on deceleration, it may also be a few grams of weight that can be eliminated. Do a search, read the stickies and you'll find out all the info you need about mods for the WR on this forum.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.