brake pad supports

5 replies to this topic
  • Brandon

Posted April 01, 2002 - 05:44 PM

I noticed the brake pad supports were trashed when I was about to replace my rear pads. (You know the gasket material and metal covering that clip to the outer part of each pad.) Anyways , how important is it to get new ones, anyone run your bike without these supports? my yami dealer said he would get some in 3 weeks!

• wrsm

Posted April 02, 2002 - 11:08 AM

I recon they are just anti-rattle shims to stop the pads making annoying noises. Take them out and ride without them.

Think of the weight saving too!! ;-))

• Guy

Posted April 02, 2002 - 12:26 PM

:) Like WRSM, I too think they are just Anti-rattle shims, I run my bike without them fitted, in fact, some after market pads recommend removal as they are a tad thicker than OEM, :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaha.dude

Posted April 02, 2002 - 12:45 PM

If it is the anti-squeal shims, then you could ride without them for a while...

Imagine the terror you can instill in your competition when you roar up behind them with that deep growl of the 4 stroke, then, as you go under them in the corner, they have an ear-piercing squeal imprinted on their minds... they will have nightmares for weeks... wondering what monster took them out on the corner... LOL

• Brandon

Posted April 02, 2002 - 02:45 PM

thanks,a new mod.. Im gonna have to run without them just so I can scare my competition!

• Chaindrive

Posted April 02, 2002 - 03:16 PM

That's the best mod on my bike: the HOOOORN!!!! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.