XR650L Battery Box

28 replies to this topic
  • Norge

Posted December 09, 2007 - 05:24 PM

Thanks, yes the battery is in the back. Replacement will take some time. Carb is a Mikuni flat slide (non pumper). Works great, I do need to get a spare pod filter. Any recommendations?

• martinfan30

Posted December 09, 2007 - 06:27 PM

i just use the uni pod. 2 1/2 by 4 in. 14 bucks at a local honda shop.

• 650_shark

Posted December 09, 2007 - 07:09 PM

oh man, you guys are killing me! After seeing these pics, I guess I have to do this mod now. The XR600 panel looks good.

I have a lot to do this winter!!

• rmhrc630

Posted December 10, 2007 - 05:43 PM

Not an ELL but my ARE had a battery added for estarting. I ride only offroad and did not like the thought of a pod style filter.

CRF450X battery turns over the hi-com,p HRC engine easy and has been doing so for at least a year with no sign of giving up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRLMAL

Posted December 11, 2007 - 11:26 AM

I like your battery positioning rmhrc630. I've just finished breaking my 650l down ready for powder coating and relocating the battery is one of my first jobs. I would prefer to keep my air box and snorkel as I ride mainly in Wales which has plenty of streams to cross and the thought of dropping the bike in water with just a pod air filter on the carb scares me. I will have to see if I can fit everything on top of the air box or around it. If this isn't possible I guess I could always fit stabilisers to the bike to keep it upright.

• martinfan30

Posted December 11, 2007 - 11:39 AM

Not an ELL but my ARE had a battery added for estarting. I ride only offroad and did not like the thought of a pod style filter.

CRF450X battery turns over the hi-com,p HRC engine easy and has been doing so for at least a year with no sign of giving up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

rmhcr, i like your relo job. i may end up doing your way of relo. can you give dimensions of that cut out under the seat? has it made the seat weaker?

• Bubba281

Posted December 11, 2007 - 09:54 PM

quick question for one of you who have dont the reloaction mod.

i am in the process of moving the battery right now.....the bike is in pieces.

what did you guys do with the hose coming up from the rear of the engine case that enitially was routed to get filterd air from the air box?

• martinfan30

Posted December 12, 2007 - 07:38 AM

quick question for one of you who have dont the reloaction mod.

i am in the process of moving the battery right now.....the bike is in pieces.

what did you guys do with the hose coming up from the rear of the engine case that enitially was routed to get filterd air from the air box?

i ran a piece of hose from the vent up to the rear tank mount with a K&N crankcase vent filter.

here is the filter type...

http://www.knfilters.com/vent.htm

• paradisecowboys

Posted February 24, 2008 - 10:36 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

nice tank decal, where can I get that ?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.