How often do you hit your Rev limiter

69 replies to this topic
  • pokoj

Posted December 10, 2007 - 08:25 PM

When racing a 250f-Bounce it off the limiter untill the gate drops and usually 10 times a lap, The power is in the upper end of the powerband, it sucks but thats just how you have to ride one fast.
When racing a 450- maybe once or twice a lap-But not alot, I like using the low and mid range to get max hook up. In the whoops and somtimes in the air. The much younger fast A/pro riders that I practice with live on the rev limiter even on a 450, but they have to do a total rebuild every 10hrs, where I get 3 to 4 times that before a rebuild.

• NEKOOHC

Posted December 11, 2007 - 12:26 AM

no limiters for me ...thanks

• MX_Peter

Posted December 11, 2007 - 05:08 AM

I also don't like to hit rev limiter. Shift early, that's all what I do :banghead:

• zwr250f

Posted December 11, 2007 - 06:52 AM

I must be really slow..i'm never on the limiter. :banghead:

• JSanfilippo

Posted December 11, 2007 - 08:33 AM

On my previous bike (TT-R 250) a few times when approaching jumps (the 3-4upshift killed the power)

On the WR 450f...never

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fox4life362

Posted December 11, 2007 - 11:36 AM

umm about every time i come outta a corner and every straight away, every woop section every time i whip it and bring it back straight pretty much all the time but as soon as i hit it i grab another gear, thats why i cant ride a 250f cause not matter what gear i was in i was on the rev limiter

• LunatikGixxer

Posted December 11, 2007 - 11:39 AM

on my 125... every time i rode it .. on my 4 stroke.. almost never unless sumthin goes wrong

• DGXR

Posted December 11, 2007 - 12:30 PM

My '84 and '88 XR's might not have rev limiters (at least that's what I heard), but if they did, I probably have not hit 'em cause anything over 8k rpm doesn't make much more power with these older bikes. And a trail bike engine revving this high sounds really scary. Plus I don't race them anyway. At least the headers stay on! My buddy's YZ400F revs to the moon and I always back off before it sounds like it will explode. Guess I'm just a weekend warrior... :banghead:

• MX To The Grave

Posted December 11, 2007 - 04:16 PM

i rode limiter alot on my 250f when id upshift in the air id hit limiter jsut to make sure the power wasnt gunna fall on its face when i hit the ground

• Crf250mx114

Posted December 11, 2007 - 04:27 PM

hit it quite a bit i don't see how you can race and not hit the rev limiter multiple times a lap probably.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2014 yz250f reliability? from 2 stroke to 4 stroke by Anderay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR/YZ 250F
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

HELP- Bad head shake on cr 125 by mxracer77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   Honda 2-Stroke
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Worth rebuilding a '00 YZ250? by mr.boombastic

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Help with LED TURN signals by SoDakCRF

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250 L/M
  • 12 replies
Forums
Photo

Free play rear linkage by Rooster72

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF450R
  • 23 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.