Which rims will fit?

7 replies to this topic
  • loy

Posted December 07, 2007 - 11:23 AM

Hello!

Looking for som offroad-wheels for my 650r. However, I don't know which will fit?

Does anyone know? Could I by ktm or yamaha wheels for example?

It would be nice if it didn't require too much modding..

• haggeo

Posted December 07, 2007 - 01:44 PM

21" front, 18" rear. excel makes a rim, pro series, that takes a universal carrier so they can fit most bikes. look on ebay and you'll get an idea of how expensive a complete wheel set can be.

• loy

Posted December 07, 2007 - 04:21 PM

Okey! Thank you

Will have my eyes open for the "pro-series" :banghead:

• Potts228

Posted December 07, 2007 - 05:12 PM

Hello!

Looking for som offroad-rims for my 650r. However, I don't know which will fit?

Does anyone know? Could I by ktm or yamaha rims for example?

It would be nice if it didn't require too much modding..

I am guessing you mean WHEELS and not rims. Excel makes hubs, rims and spokes so you could have someone build you a set of wheels. You could also pick up a set of wheels off of E-Bay.

If you do mean RIMS then some of the 21" rims will fit from a KTM and also a Yamaha but KTM spoke nipples are larger so you will need larger spoke nipples to lace these up. I have used both stock 21" X 1.65" KTM Excels and stock Yamaha Excels with a stock XR650R front hub and Buchanan spokes. The rear rim is pretty much Honda specific and I don't know of any interchange.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • loy

Posted December 08, 2007 - 03:35 AM

Hehe, okej.Thank you. :banghead:

My english is not soo good but i mean the whoole package so too speak.

• BWB63

Posted December 08, 2007 - 02:49 PM

If you are looking for the whole wheel assembly, only XR650R wheels will work on a XR650R. KTM and Yamaha rims will not work on a XR650R hub ether. The XR650R rear hub and rim is 32 holes and the others are 36 hole. You can buy Excel, Rad, Eagle and others to make it all work.
It is important to know what you have and want when getting a wheel setup.
I have gold Excels and red rad hubs and then went black excel and Rad hex hubs with the extra heavy duty rad spokes.
The Eagle rims are a real good choice also I have a Black front Eagle rim.

http://www.radmfg.com/hex%20kit.htm

http://www.radmfg.com/eagle%20kit.htm

http://www.radmfg.com/econo%20kit.htm

• loy

Posted December 09, 2007 - 06:06 AM

Okej :banghead:

Yes, I'm looking for wheels..

So I have too find a pair of original xr650 wheels?

Made a picture.. Is it right?

Posted Image

/ fredrik, who wish he was better at english :busted:

• haggeo

Posted December 09, 2007 - 09:13 AM

you will also need brake rotors front and back, a carrier ring, and a sprocket on the rear. these links are just from quick searches i did, not trying to endorse any vendor or brand. it might be better for you to buy a complete wheel off of ebay i've seen a good used wheel with tire go for $350-400. shipping to sweden is another matter. you may also buy wheels here on the Thumpertalk store or through the classifieds section.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.