Scotts Dampers on 07 450 ?

6 replies to this topic
  • IrideWR

Posted December 07, 2007 - 08:21 AM

Has any body used the stock bars and clamps with the Scott's dampener on and 07? I want to mount one on top of the bars without changing changing everything, do they have a kit like this? By the way its raining and I'm going riding in the mountains latter, I hope its muddy:D

• jobfnl

Posted December 07, 2007 - 10:21 AM

I went with the sub mount kit, works with stock bars and tripple clamp. This does raise the bars about an inch, a clean looking install.
Check thier web site for pics. Pricey but worth every cent.

• RickSanson

Posted December 07, 2007 - 10:35 AM

Yep, I have that configuration!

07 WR450, everything works right out of the box. Tell them you have a stock 07 WR. No surprises at all! These parts are a work of art! You'll be surprised at how well this stuff fits!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted December 07, 2007 - 01:18 PM

I did a sub mount also .I like the way it hides the damper from harm

Posted Image

I got all of my setup with the triple tree in a package deal on ebay for 450

And yes they do make a top mount bracket . here's a link to one

• IrideWR

Posted December 07, 2007 - 03:30 PM

thanks guys I think I'm gonna go sub mount to.

• redswr

Posted December 07, 2007 - 05:37 PM

how are you guys liking the bars being 1" higher? i'm not sure if i'll like it or not i'm only 5' 6" with a 28" inseam...

• tweav

Posted December 08, 2007 - 04:18 AM

I'm 36 years old and 5'9" so I'm not much taller than you . I hated leaning down on the bars . I find it to a much more comfortable riding position. and I'm used to older style bikes with even higher bars

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.