Introduction of my self.

14 replies to this topic
  • shitloadsoftorque

Posted December 07, 2007 - 07:34 AM

Hi everybody, I'm new to this great forum, I'm 24 years old, hail from Norway and ride a slightly modified streetlegal XR650R as my main bike, got a Wiseco High-comp piston, a hotcams stage one, all restrictions removed, a rickystator 200+w stator and a PIAA headlight, This is in my eyes the greatest all-around dirtbike ever made and i will keep riding this bike until I no longer can swing my leg over it.
Anyone else here got experience with the mighty XR? I'm curious about the setup of other peoples XR's...

• zerofear66

Posted December 07, 2007 - 08:38 AM

Hi everybody, I'm new to this great forum, I'm 24 years old, hail from Norway and ride a slightly modified streetlegal XR650R as my main bike, got a Wiseco High-comp piston, a hotcams stage one, all restrictions removed, a rickystator 200+w stator and a PIAA headlight, This is in my eyes the greatest all-around dirtbike ever made and i will keep riding this bike until I no longer can swing my leg over it.
Anyone else here got experience with the mighty XR? I'm curious about the setup of other peoples XR's...

Welcome to the board. Do a search. Youll find an S load of info here!
Also...feel free to post pics of your BRP.
Id like to see your light set up.

• XR4DEZ

Posted December 07, 2007 - 10:43 AM

yep, welcome aboard.

• cleonard

Posted December 07, 2007 - 10:57 AM

More info here on your bike that anywhere else.

• martinfan30

Posted December 07, 2007 - 11:10 AM

best of all, its free!

• TDC71

Posted December 07, 2007 - 11:26 AM

+1 ON THE GREAT FREE INFO. Good screen name also.

• orsoxr

Posted December 07, 2007 - 02:28 PM

welcome ciao:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted December 07, 2007 - 05:24 PM

Links that might help you with your bike:

http://www.xr650r.us/

http://borynack.com/XR650R/

http://borynack.com/xr650r.htm

Posted Image

• RC30

Posted December 07, 2007 - 05:28 PM

Welcome shitloadsoftorque..............

Hi everybody, I'm new to this great

.............you can found something in this thread:

http://www.thumperta...ciao from italy

I will renew it in the next weeks (I hope....:banghead:).

Piero

• weskc35k

Posted December 07, 2007 - 06:23 PM

G'day mate ,how are ya?

• danny v

Posted December 08, 2007 - 04:20 PM

Welcome to TT. you have picked the right place! I have recived so much help here on my XR 600 R. It has been great. Now i am going to start asking about needle positions, to get rid of the hesatation off the bottom maybe? Anyway welcome to our fourm. Danny V:applause:

• zuk931

Posted December 08, 2007 - 04:30 PM

glad to have ya aboard...

• martinfan30

Posted December 08, 2007 - 05:19 PM

Welcome to TT. you have picked the right place! I have recived so much help here on my XR 600 R. It has been great. Now i am going to start asking about needle positions, to get rid of the hesatation off the bottom maybe? Anyway welcome to our fourm. Danny V:applause:

i know you told me but, what carb and all the settings right now? all stock engine and exhaust?

does it hesitate off idle or about 1/3 throttle?

• danny v

Posted December 09, 2007 - 09:20 AM

Hi the carb is a stock kiehin that came on the bike ( 1998 xr600r ).The main is a 160,the pilot is a 65. Exaust is a white bro. E Series with 6 plates and the spark arrestor plate.The header is stainless so i am thinking also WB also.The bike has a bad hesatation right off the bottom when you goose the throttle quick,but if you open a little more slowley it is fine.Could it be the needle needs to be set higher in the body ? Again it is not a CR 500 but it has great power and it has no problem going down the street on one wheel.Some people have told me that these bikes are to heavy to get the front airborne ( the 2 stroke boys ) I have not even had that problem ! If i can just get rid of that bog coming right off idle life would be great.I love this bike once you get to know the power band and weight differance it is a blast to ride. Thanks for all the help you guys,thes the such a great place for info.however some of the bike shops here seem to think poorley of these fourms.I think they are worried it will take from there shops.Its cool to be able to talk with all of you to get ideas and do our own work,Thanks again for all the help dannyv :banghead: :busted:

• shitloadsoftorque

Posted December 09, 2007 - 09:31 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome guys:) I'm not hooked on to the web very often, I have to log on while I'm at work you see:) anyways, the XR's are a rare bike in norway, there are maybe 15 to 20 650R's with plates on them and maybe 15 more without plates in this country, so the community of XR riders is virtually non existing, most people buys KTM's when the want an offroader or a supermoto, I like to think the XR might be a tad to powerful down low for most people:)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.