White Bros carb kit for 650L

7 replies to this topic
  • XRsteve

Posted December 07, 2007 - 07:10 AM

Does anybody have one of these? Its a 41mm Mikuni with the necessary parts to install on the 650L. I don't think it's a pumper, judging from the price ($275). Seems like a cheap alternative, but I'm curious how it performs.
By the way, which aftermarket carbs use stock cables?

• martinfan30

Posted December 07, 2007 - 07:48 AM

Does anybody have one of these? Its a 41mm Mikuni with the necessary parts to install on the 650L. I don't think it's a pumper, judging from the price ($275). Seems like a cheap alternative, but I'm curious how it performs.
By the way, which aftermarket carbs use stock cables?

have you bought it yet? if not i would highly recomend this...

if you are going to put out 300 bucks for a performance flat slide, pay the extra and get one with a accel pump. you dont even need one with a choke(as in my FCR). you can richen the pilot enough to start nicely cold.

• XRsteve

Posted December 07, 2007 - 01:48 PM

I haven't bought anything yet, except for the jets in my stock carb. I'm just wondering what the performance is like with the white bros kit.

• Cocky Rooster

Posted December 07, 2007 - 01:51 PM

I am real happy with my Edelbrock carb. $320 on Ebay. Plug and play.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zodran

Posted December 07, 2007 - 02:47 PM

I've got the mikuni non pumper, had it since 2001 or so. Mine was about 235 but they may have gone up. The white bros kit comes prejetted and a new throttle and cable. I was glad to ditch the twin cable setup and the CV carb as well.
If you look around you should be able to get a mikuni pumper for about the same money, let me see if I can find the link.

• martinfan30

Posted December 07, 2007 - 03:10 PM

the performance increase isnt much at all. the big advantage is the F.I. like throttle response. i also got 1-2 MPG better with my fcr.

• valvesrule

Posted December 07, 2007 - 10:40 PM

I bought my XRL with wb 41, megalloy, and big tube stainless header installed. It starts easy and runs very strong. Doesn't rev very hi, thinking it's undercammed. Can't really compare it to stock since I've never ridden one stock but it would flat kick the ass of my 86 XL600 with supertrapp and uncorked/jetted. Can't wait to get the wiseco 10 1/4 and hotcam in.

• goblin127

Posted December 08, 2007 - 07:43 AM

I've got the mikuni non pumper, had it since 2001 or so. Mine was about 235 but they may have gone up. The white bros kit comes prejetted and a new throttle and cable. I was glad to ditch the twin cable setup and the CV carb as well.
If you look around you should be able to get a mikuni pumper for about the same money, let me see if I can find the link.

I have the nonpumper mikuni as well XRs only and it is by far better than stock 229.00 I don't see it listed any more,but the pumper is. I could have aforded to do a pumper of either manufacture but just didn't see the need to go that far.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.