Almost 1000mi.

3 replies to this topic
  • mmbasa

Posted October 05, 2002 - 01:09 PM

I've got almost a 1000mi on my 02 wr426, and I'm thinking about taking it into the dealer for a service, since I'm not much of a mechanic. I've lubed my linkages and bearings, change oil and plugs and had the clearances checked after break in. just wondering what I should have them check if anything at all. Bike is running good, just want to keep it in tip top shape.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 05, 2002 - 04:43 PM

Great question!! I've owned a 400 and a 426. One thing I have learned is that valve clearance is really important. Have your mechanic check your valves. You'de be amazed how improper valve clearances put a damper on performance, I just had mine done for the third time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mmbasa

Posted October 05, 2002 - 04:46 PM

That was one thing that I was definatly goung to have done, just wondering if I should have them check anything else out while they got the bike.

• Blue...ByeU

Posted October 05, 2002 - 08:12 PM

Whoa! i'm at approx. 2000 to 2500 miles and haven't touched anything but oil, air filter, rear axle, front axle. Suppose i should lube the rear linkage as i heard the factory really skimps on the lube. Will probably take er in during the snowy season to get valves checked out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.