Sorry to go

26 replies to this topic
  • motivater

Posted December 06, 2007 - 01:47 PM

I hate to say that I sold my Xr650L Yesturday. I had that bike and a Yamaha R6. I made a deal with my wife. She let me get a new bike (Yamaha R1)....but I had to go to only one bike to do it......and the sportbike won........but Im going to miss riding my XR:busted: and all the help and advise you guys gave me over this last year!!! Thanks again.....YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

Henry

• martinfan30

Posted December 06, 2007 - 01:49 PM

ah, hell!

well good luck on your new R1!

in your position, I'd be divorced!LOL

• Bibleman

Posted December 06, 2007 - 02:52 PM

One has to do what one has to do. Enjoy the new bike:ride:

• cleonard

Posted December 06, 2007 - 02:54 PM

As much as I want to, if I went out and bought a new R1 my wife would divorce me. I have never had a new bike. Must be nice.

I'd never sell the dirt bike. Dirt bike are much more important to me than street. Might have something to do with where I live. I have mountains and deserts to ride in. Not to many of those is Mississippi.

• percyco

Posted December 06, 2007 - 02:58 PM

I only had one bike when I was married too..............But now that I sent the Mrs. packing and took her to the cleaners :thumbsup: I have six !

A Harley, Buell Lightning and a XR650L for me, a TTR125L and a pocket bike for my daughter, and a Buell Blast for my girlfriend .

How sweet it is !

Enjoy your new scoot.

• rangerman

Posted December 06, 2007 - 03:26 PM

Before I get a girl friend I am going to tell her straight up....motorcycles for life

• martinfan30

Posted December 06, 2007 - 03:32 PM

Before I get a girl friend I am going to tell her straight up....motorcycles for life

this is EXACTLY what you have to do at the start of a relationship....

i told mine that these few things are a part of me and i will never stop doing them as long as im able... riding, softball, hunting, camping, shooting, beer drinkingLOL, etc..:thumbsup:

• XRsteve

Posted December 06, 2007 - 03:41 PM

I was thinking about selling my 650L when I bought my 919. I decided to keep it just because I knew I'd want one again. Now I just need a bigger garage.

• cleonard

Posted December 06, 2007 - 04:03 PM

i told mine that these few things are a part of me and i will never stop doing them as long as im able... riding, softball, hunting, camping, shooting, beer drinkingLOL, etc..:thumbsup:

Same here. Well except for the softball thing. She knew what she was getting in to. She even tells me to go riding. :busted:

I was thinking about selling my 650L when I bought my 919. I decided to keep it just because I knew I'd want one again. Now I just need a bigger garage.

Don't we all. It's going to rain in SoCal tonight and it took me an hour last night to get all three of my bikes in the garage.

• motivater

Posted December 06, 2007 - 04:25 PM

Thanks guys!!!!::thumbsup: :busted: :busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rangerman

Posted December 06, 2007 - 07:49 PM

I'll die riding...it will probably kill me...and I know I will get in an accident. Amen to that. Don't play softball either, but thats o.k.

• Maroast

Posted December 06, 2007 - 08:23 PM

Yup! Gotta be honest....and if the girl dont like it, you have to walk (if your individuality is important to you)

Thats why so many marriages/ relationships get F-ed up :busted:

You've gotta have balls and be honest from the start!!! My girl and I have a mutual understanding: She can never tell me to not do something, and I will never do the same to her....its worked well for the past 5yrs

***on that note, she did start getting concerned/pissed when my fiends and I started camping out in abandoned buildings with homeless people who were smoking crack (we weren't there to do bad stuff, just explore/ hangout) .....i guess you do have to be reasonable and draw the line some places... :thumbsup:

• martinfan30

Posted December 06, 2007 - 10:50 PM

I'll die riding...it will probably kill me...and I know I will get in an accident. Amen to that. Don't play softball either, but thats o.k.

i must be the only xrl rider that plays softball!LOL

i just got back from vegas last weekend. my team finished 25th out of 60 in the USSSA nationals.

other than record breaking rain and terrible winds, it was a great week end.

you've got a pretty grim outlook on riding. although if you expect a problem, it is not likely to happen. i.e. "murphy"

• Old Graybeard

Posted December 07, 2007 - 10:33 AM

Motivater: Who's wearing the pants in that family??? Only thing stopping me from not having 12 bikes in my garage is a guilty conscious. The last thing would be my wife. lol Thirty years ago I met my wife thru a riding buddy and she knew going in what she was dealing with. Just keep them happy....in other ways. lol......Don't kill yourself on that R1.

Martinfan: Only people playing softball in my area are manly women. (no offense).

• Motosprtman

Posted December 07, 2007 - 11:24 AM

I did'nt have nary a bike the entire 20 years I was married to my EX and the ones I did manage to buy - I never heard the end of and had to have "authoriztion" to buy any parts etc for. That was then.

Now since remarried to the sweetest gal I have ever met, I have quite a stable of bikes! best thing I ever heard her say - as I apologized to her for just having to have a NOS 2004 XR250R while purchasnig it at the dealership was

and I quote

" Don't apologize - it's part of who you are, I know you love bikes, and I love you".

oh yea, she's a keeper!

Bikes I now own;

1972 XL250 (2)
1974 XL350, 1975 XL350
1975 XL175
1975 XL125
1972 Suzuki TS-125
1986 XL600R
2004 XR250R
2005 XR650L
2005 Harley Davidison Dyna

• martinfan30

Posted December 07, 2007 - 11:31 AM

very nice!:thumbsup:

• Big Red Paul

Posted December 07, 2007 - 04:12 PM

Met my grilfriend at a Harley met in Bournemouth on the south coast of Eng.
She come up to me and said, 'I like a man with a big hog'.
'Well, you are talking to one sweetheart.' I replied.

• CRF250X Rider

Posted December 07, 2007 - 04:30 PM

***on that note, she did start getting concerned/pissed when my fiends and I started camping out in abandoned buildings with homeless people who were smoking crack (we weren't there to do bad stuff, just explore/ hangout) .....i guess you do have to be reasonable and draw the line some places... :banghead:

LOL, sounds like fun. I always did enjoy an abandoned building. About ten minutes from my house is the mother all all abandoned buildings, Greystone Park mental Institution. Until the 1940's when the pentagon was built it had the biggest continuous foundation in all of the U.S. Parts of it are still used but its mostly abandoned. Theres multiple building all connected by huge tunnels. It's like a collage campus. Its actually called the Greystone campus. Creepy as hell.

Anyways back to the original topic, you can still come here and look around. Maybe you'll get another dirtbike some day. :busted:

• martinfan30

Posted December 08, 2007 - 11:51 AM

that is cool s***. can you get in and explore around?

that is creepy stuff.

• CRF250X Rider

Posted December 08, 2007 - 02:22 PM

Ive been in a few times. We found a few tunnels but they lead to dead ends. My friends dad is an electrician and used to work there. He told us were all the good tunnels are and we might actually go tonight and explore. Is a super interesting/creepy place. They left most of the furniture and stuff in there so theres crazy looking wheelchairs with leather straps to strap in crazy people, there's man sized cribs, and when you look down the hallways all the doors are opened and theres broken stuff everywhere, its awesome. You wouldn't believe how big this place is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A map of the whole institute, ya see why its called a campus.

Posted Image

A small part of it is still in use, and there are some brand new buildings, but the majority is abandoned.

Heres a bad view of the part still in use

Posted Image
Parts of that same building are abandoned. I saw a video of them giving someone a tour and they were in the nice still used part, opened a door and all the sudden they were in the torn apart, dirty, abandoned part.

This chapel is in the nice, non-abandoned part

Posted Image

Pretty sure the pics will work

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.