My new 08 WR450

24 replies to this topic
  • andrea420

Posted December 06, 2007 - 12:23 AM

Just wanted to show off my brand new 08 WR450 I got 2 days ago! My boyfriend got it for me as a gift, and I am so excited to ride it.. I'll be able to ride it this weekend at ocotillo wells, and it is going into the shop next week to get uncorked. I don't mind riding it the way it is for one weekend, since I haven't ridden in a while because I took some time off while I was pregnant. Any comments/suggestions on this year bike?
Posted Image

• redswr

Posted December 06, 2007 - 12:35 AM

nice! the 07/08 bikes are alot of fun... what did you come off of? i'm guessing a honda...lol. congrats!

• markturbo

Posted December 06, 2007 - 05:09 AM

Great looking bike!

• clark4131

Posted December 06, 2007 - 07:13 AM

Why not uncork the bike yourself? It's fairly easy, it's a great way to learn, and it gives you a good baseline of knowledge for general maintenance and tuning...SC

• beezer

Posted December 06, 2007 - 07:48 AM

Your B/F should have gotten you a ring instead.

• mxwink509

Posted December 06, 2007 - 07:55 AM

Sweeeet. I wish my wife rode bikes.

• JSanfilippo

Posted December 06, 2007 - 09:15 AM

That fresh bike smell is sooo good. Congrats woman!

• ETP

Posted December 06, 2007 - 09:24 AM

Congrats! They sure look nice brand new, but it IS a dirt bike, so get out there and get it dirty!!!!

• andrea420

Posted December 06, 2007 - 05:09 PM

Thanks! I'm kind of afraid of uncorking it myself since I don't want to screw anything up :thumbsup: I'm just starting to learn how to do my own maintenance, so I'm taking it easy. We're going to Ocotillo Wells this weekend, can't wait to ride :busted:

Oh and I came off a Honda CRF450R which was sold when I was 5 months pregnant :busted:

• Morty

Posted December 08, 2007 - 09:04 AM

Hang on girl, your gonna love it! especially after you uncork it. Goes from about 40hp to about 47 hp or so....you'll love how easy it is to ride and how good it makes you look when riding it!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevinwr450f

Posted December 08, 2007 - 03:07 PM

Great bike, lots of power once uncorked and uncorking is very easy! Enjoy!

• Paollo

Posted December 08, 2007 - 10:47 PM

wow! nice bike:applause:

• andrea420

Posted December 09, 2007 - 10:42 AM

Got to ride my new bike and I LOVE it! Can't wait to uncork it, but right now it was actually ok since I hadn't ridden like that since last November, so it's been a while.. I am SUPER sore, it feels awesome to be riding again.. The only thing is that I bent both of my levers already, once from falling and the other from my bike being blown over by the wind. Will replace them with ASV shortys.. Being able to tell how fast I was going was really cool too.

Posted Image

• BKRacing

Posted December 09, 2007 - 10:48 AM

Got to ride my new bike and I LOVE it! Can't wait to uncork it, but right now it was actually ok since I hadn't ridden like that since last November, so it's been a while.. I am SUPER sore, it feels awesome to be riding again.. The only thing is that I bent both of my levers already, once from falling and the other from my bike being blown over by the wind. Will replace them with ASV shortys.. Being able to tell how fast I was going was really cool too.

Posted Image

That right there is a sexy picture! You think you could talk my wife into wanting a dirtbike? Congrats, you will love that bike.

• MACHO104

Posted December 09, 2007 - 11:00 AM

the front brake hose looks like its going across the top of the tire?right side to left side? Is it just an illusion?

nice bike anyways

• resinlips

Posted December 09, 2007 - 12:54 PM

Something about a girl on a full size bike. Damn.
I hope your name is on the title.
Odometer cable on the right.
Great score! You deserve it after squirting out a kid! Congrats! (bike and kid)

• andrea420

Posted December 09, 2007 - 02:34 PM

Here's another picture, too bad it came out blurry
Posted Image
and another..
Posted Image

• JSanfilippo

Posted December 09, 2007 - 11:07 PM

Vedy nice! (in the style of borat)

• Car12

Posted December 10, 2007 - 05:49 PM

It is a great bike.

Enjoy it :banghead:

• 2006wr450f

Posted December 10, 2007 - 08:44 PM

Sweet bike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.