E-Line/Baja Designs 180 watt stator

6 replies to this topic
  • tntmo

Posted December 05, 2007 - 04:20 PM

I recently picked up a Baja Designs 180 watt stator, I think it's the same as the E-Line? Anyway, I want to run it on my WR400 but want to know what I should do. It incorporates an 11oz flywheel weight and I don't think I need that since the WR already has a heavier rotor.

Should I pick up a YZ rotor and run that? Or get rid of the whole WR rotor and stator and go with the YZ setup? Or, will it work okay on the WR without affecting too much with the extra weight? Thanks.

• johnnyjeep

Posted December 06, 2007 - 05:29 AM

I cant find the WR stator that is rated at 180. I am I missing something or is it for something else and you are going to adapt it? I am interested in this.

John in Vegas

• spidennis

Posted December 06, 2007 - 09:25 AM

180 watts? really? that sure would be nice ..... talk about having lights ...... you light up the whole state in front of you! ...... ok, maybe not in texas, but maybe in some of those smaller states!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tntmo

Posted December 06, 2007 - 11:05 AM

http://www.bajadesig...ing/eline01.asp

http://www.rickystat...hting_coil.html

• spidennis

Posted December 06, 2007 - 11:28 AM

hummm...... I think i remember something about the 180 not working with the e-start WRs ........

• GCannon

Posted December 06, 2007 - 12:12 PM

I recently picked up a Baja Designs 180 watt stator, I think it's the same as the E-Line? Anyway, I want to run it on my WR400 but want to know what I should do. It incorporates an 11oz flywheel weight and I don't think I need that since the WR already has a heavier rotor.

Should I pick up a YZ rotor and run that? Or get rid of the whole WR rotor and stator and go with the YZ setup? Or, will it work okay on the WR without affecting too much with the extra weight? Thanks.

Are you sure that is a Flywheel weight?
I installed one of those on a YZ 426. and the weight was really the flywheel magnets which attach to the existing flywheel and the Ignition cover housed the charging coils.

It was a trick set up for a YZ easy bolt on. Then I installed a BD HID light (tecate). Too much light for riding on the street but great for the dirt.

One thing I remember was we needed a new shift lever that was spaced farther away from the case since the shifter clearance notch in the ignition cover will be gone. You may consider upgrading your skid plate (if you havn't already) since that cover hangs out more and is filled with engine oil. You would only be one rock ding away from walking home or burning up your motor with out knowing.

Anyway if they are the magnets you will in fact need them. I belive that the WR rotor is the same with more magnets to run the charging coils(I may be wrong) which makes it heavier. Call the guy's at BD http://www.bajadesig...e/contactus.htm they are very helpful and will set you straight in no time.

• johnnyjeep

Posted December 06, 2007 - 06:45 PM

So I got my hopes up for the 450 for nothing! Darn. On the bright side, I saw a stator for my RM250... Dualsport might be soon.

John in Vegas

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.