Where to buy New Engine?

28 replies to this topic
  • ncmountainman

Posted December 08, 2007 - 07:19 AM

a complete engine can be had thru Yamaha Corp SA,you'll need a dealer # and a translator. i think its in ecuador or one of those south american countries i tried awhile back but could not bridge the communication gap;but i did get as far as its possible with a US dealer # and everything must be run through the dealer;never did figure out how much$:banghead:

• grayracer513

Posted December 08, 2007 - 01:03 PM

630 bucks??? !!!! Ouch... I think I would be better off buying a used one on ebay. What year models of cylinder heads will fit the 07 motor?

'06/'07 are the same, and the '08 will fit.

• yamasaki

Posted December 09, 2007 - 05:04 PM

dam.. you had my hopes up there for a minute.. i might need a set of crankcases if i cant get mine welded.. was hoping to score these from your buddie's motor. :banghead:

• BC3

Posted December 09, 2007 - 08:38 PM

Go to your nearest CYCLE SALVAGE and have them put it on their hot line...
Lots of salvaged bikes in the U.S. there has to be an engine out there for you to buy.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • polarbear

Posted December 12, 2007 - 08:47 PM

thanks for all the good help guys I got a used cylinder head on ebay from on 06. (thanks for info grayracer).

• ThumperKid250F

Posted December 12, 2007 - 09:30 PM

that sucks man, i dont no if your going to find a new one on ebay but maybe a used bottem end and head..

i ALSO put a zipty on my kickstarter to the frame when there is no oil in my bike just so nobody trys to start it or even me if i forget..

• WB450

Posted December 19, 2007 - 11:55 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

• yamasaki

Posted December 25, 2007 - 05:35 PM

i wish it were closer to a thou.. tough pill to swallow for $1500.

i stripped my engine down, welded my cases where they cracked (clutch push lever assembly housing), put in a new bearing and oil seal and red permatexed it really good.

i put everything back together and have since started it up a few times.. so far, no oil leakage.. saturday i'll see if i can get a full day of motoing out of it. i'll be really happy then.

• yamasaki

Posted March 12, 2008 - 04:41 AM

update: repairs are holding strong, i have no oil leak coming from the clutch arm. i do see a small pool form every once in a while, but we're talking a few drops worth of pooling, not enough to even overflow and drip down the sides of the case.

for those of you weary of getting cases welded, here's a vote of confidence for you. so far, so good. it's been a little over 3 months now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.