Jetting Question 07 YZ 450 w/ NEW MRD Exhaust System

6 replies to this topic
  • k0ncept

Posted December 05, 2007 - 10:39 AM

Any Suggestion's on what if any changes need to be made for this Exhaust? Im in So Cal, pretty much sea level and my bike has the stock Jets.. It was suggested to go to a 48 Pilot, is there anything else I should do while im changing the pilot?

Please Advise and I promise a Full Review once everything is installed...

• grayracer513

Posted December 05, 2007 - 01:44 PM

Look through this to see if anything matches up:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=248849

• k0ncept

Posted December 05, 2007 - 03:04 PM

Yup, went through all 9 pages, some good info to go off of, looks like I should just go with the 48 and install the pipe and see how she runs, I DONT want to put the pipe on and then have to Re-Jet as tearing down the bike and getting to the CARB is a PITA>>>>>>> lol...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 05, 2007 - 04:15 PM

Ah, but pulling the carb, or even the float bowl, is unnecessary. You don't even have to tilt it.

Read:
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=248849

and note this post within the thread:
http://www.thumperta...687#post5325687

• todds924

Posted December 05, 2007 - 05:14 PM

Yup, went through all 9 pages, some good info to go off of, looks like I should just go with the 48 and install the pipe and see how she runs, I DONT want to put the pipe on and then have to Re-Jet as tearing down the bike and getting to the CARB is a PITA>>>>>>> lol...

Your bike is an 07 correct. I would go with the 48 pilot and try 1 3/4 turns on the fuel screw to start. It should be very very close. The only other thing you might need to do is bump the main jet to a 165.

• k0ncept

Posted December 06, 2007 - 05:22 AM

Man that Carb tool would have saved me a ton of time, I got everything up last night, bike sounds great and fired right up.. Man Fit and Finish is great on this Pipe! I cant wait to try it on the track....

Now to sell off my Giant WB E2 Silencer lol..

• Captain America

Posted September 12, 2009 - 05:10 PM

I'm waiting for my mrd should get it by next weekend asked dave about the jetting he said just open pilot 1/2 turn

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.