White Brothers E series ?'s

5 replies to this topic
  • Navy509

Posted December 05, 2007 - 08:19 AM

Just picked up a ’01 YZF426 with a White Brother’s E series, it's tunable with discs. Does anyone know where to find info on the disc set up? Max discs? Minimum discs? I have no information on setting it up. It works fine how it is, but would like to know more about it. Is it even a good system with the FMF titanium header? Can you buy just the discs? I didn't notice anything on the White Brother’s website about it. Is it discontinued?

• jayh300

Posted December 05, 2007 - 12:44 PM

min is 4 max is way up there like 23 or 24. It should have a disc on the end under the cap that does not have a hole in it. It is a spark arrestor and the "silencer" runs exhaust thru the space between the discs.
the more discs the louder and more open it is, the less discs the quiter and more restrictive it is.
I have a manual on mine at home I got with mine, it is not much help though.

• Navy509

Posted December 05, 2007 - 12:47 PM

min is 4 max is way up there like 23 or 24. It should have a disc on the end under the cap that does not have a hole in it. It is a spark arrestor and the "silencer" runs exhaust thru the space between the discs.
the more discs the louder and more open it is, the less discs the quiter and more restrictive it is.
I have a manual on mine at home I got with mine, it is not much help though.

Can you get more discs? I have about 8 or so in there now, but the guy I bought it from didn't mention anything about having more of them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted December 05, 2007 - 12:59 PM

i think they list them sep in the manual and have a part number for them i can get for you tonight. Is it round or ellipticle ???
i have 3 or 4 extra of the elllipticle if you want them.
with 8 it is probably very loud. Mine had 7 in it when i got it and it was well over 100db. My ears would ring for days. I am running 4 discs on mine and it is like 94db. Does it still have the solid disc in the rear of the silencer ??

• Navy509

Posted December 05, 2007 - 01:58 PM

i think they list them sep in the manual and have a part number for them i can get for you tonight. Is it round or ellipticle ???
i have 3 or 4 extra of the elllipticle if you want them.
with 8 it is probably very loud. Mine had 7 in it when i got it and it was well over 100db. My ears would ring for days. I am running 4 discs on mine and it is like 94db. Does it still have the solid disc in the rear of the silencer ??

They are oval, and the solid one is in there at the end. It's loud, but not too loud. I was thinking of putting 2-3 more in there. Can you run it with out the last one (solid disc)?

• jayh300

Posted December 05, 2007 - 02:22 PM

you can, but that is basically like running an open exhaust. without the end cap the discs do nothing.WB in the manual does not recommend it. I will check tonight and see how may i still have and let you know. i think i have 3, but i have an 18 yr old that rummages thru my stuff......
jay

Related Content

Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.