paces to ride in Colorado and Moab

3 replies to this topic
  • ronsurf1

Posted October 05, 2002 - 05:31 AM

I am still on this road trip and I will be leaving sunday for colorado around the teluride area and will be looking for places to ride or someone to ride with? I will then be heading over to Canyon lands and Moab for the rest of the week and could use some local knoweledge and riding partners. PS. when I have more time I will fillin with some details of the awesome rides and country side I have been able to enjoy!

• endurodog

Posted October 05, 2002 - 07:08 AM

Can't join you as I'm getting ready for elk season next weekend. The Telluride area doesn't have a ton of single track but there are lots of 4X4 roads that will take you to some breath taking scenery. Pick up a 4 wheel drive map of the area and go sight seeing if you can't find someone to guide ya. Have fun.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ronsurf1

Posted October 06, 2002 - 04:16 PM

Thanks Rex I will give that a try. I have kinda ben doing the same thing here in New Mexico and have found some great fire roads that are all covered in grass and are like rideing on a golf course thrue aspen groves, what a change from so cal.

• jwriott

Posted October 06, 2002 - 04:41 PM

I have not ridden down near Telluride so I can't be of much help in that area.

Every year we go to Moab and Green River. I'd ride Poison Spider Mesa and Golden Spike in Moab because it's a blast. All sheets of rock with steps and drop offs. I'd stay off Slick Rock trail unless you're just dying to ride it.

If you head West on I-70 after Moab, hit the San Rafael Swell area and ride Devils Racetrack and Swayze Cabin area. They are a blast and you can really move on some of the trails. We did have a odd experience there last spring as a guy jumped off the bridge from I-70 and fell about 250+ feet and landed right on the trail. First time anything like that has happened.

Have fun!

John :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.