Posted April 01, 2002 - 11:10 AM
I noticed some oil leaking on my chain so i think it's up for replacement.
Posted April 01, 2002 - 12:20 PM
It is an easy fix. The part sells for cheap through Yamaha but if you can get the seal code I'm sure you could order it for half that through a bearing supply.
1. Remove 32mm sprocket nut, sprocket and washer.
2. Remove small metal cover over output shaft.
3. Using a fish hook, needle nose plies etc. dig that sucker out of the case.
4. Remove all grit from seal space within the case.
5. Using a similarly sized socket matched to the OD of the seal, carefully drive the new seal in place.
Hope that helps it is a simple job.
Posted April 01, 2002 - 02:52 PM
I got my seal for my street bike from NAPA, so they probably have the one you need.