07 WR 450 Petcock for IMS tank

6 replies to this topic
  • TSFRANKLIN

Posted December 04, 2007 - 05:06 PM

What options are out there other than the stock petcock? The stock version I have mounted facing towards the motor and it's a pain. I would like to have a reserve as an option...

I heard that ZipTie had a solution, but the said to just turn the stock version facing out..Problem is the fuel line faces to the front of the bike and I don't want 5 feet of fuel line running...

Thanks for any input...

• KennyMc

Posted December 04, 2007 - 07:29 PM

The '06 WR450 petcock will correct the problem.:thumbsup:

• Michigan DS

Posted December 04, 2007 - 08:06 PM

what he said (kenshaw)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ckroto

Posted December 05, 2007 - 09:19 AM

I second that...err..third. Just get the 06 petcock and be done.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 05, 2007 - 10:16 AM

Any steel framed era YZ/WR petcock will work. If want the reserve position just make sure you get the WR petcock :thumbsup:

• fitzy

Posted December 06, 2007 - 02:26 AM

I used a Wr400 tap and a stock CRF450 fuel line. about1/10 the price of the yamaha one and it is straight

• SID013

Posted December 12, 2007 - 11:56 AM

I used a Wr400 tap and a stock CRF450 fuel line. about1/10 the price of the yamaha one and it is straight

Bugger!! Now I find out, just ordered an OEM WR450 one for my spare tank at AUS$75.00. Oh well should have checked with TT first.

:banghead:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.