Longer throttle cable needed for bar risers?

4 replies to this topic
  • Summit

Posted December 04, 2007 - 01:00 PM

I just recieved a set of BARRISERS for my 05 WR450 and I was wondering if the throttle cable will be long enough?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 04, 2007 - 03:03 PM

I just recieved a set of BARRISERS for my 05 WR450 and I was wondering if the throttle cable will be long enough?

i have a gps sub mount which raise the bars and inch an half and then i also added a little taller bar. with this combo i am at the max (actually had to re route the cables a little. so i would say anything over 2in yes new cables anything under and your good to go! hope this helps

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigdrtrdr

Posted December 04, 2007 - 03:14 PM

I have the Up and Forward barrisers on my 01 WR426 with stock cables.

• Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted December 04, 2007 - 04:14 PM

I run the Thumper Racing 1.5" Up and forward riser with stock cables, the trick I do is to roll the cables/throttle underneath the bar; instead of the cable coming out of the throttle on top of the bar. Pull the grip off and reglue it in the correct position.
Been running this for 7 years on 3 bikes, no problems with the cables.

• Summit

Posted December 06, 2007 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the replys guys. I just finished putting them on and everything seems fine. Took it for a little rip and it feels awesome, stand up is SO much better. Got a weird arm pump though and I only rode it for 5 minutes. Hope it's just the different handlebar position and a little getting use to. And by the way, the Barrisers are a very good product, high quality, great fit and super fast service, I would highly recomend them if you're looking for a taller bar.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.