2008 White Bros Pipe-Popping-Help.

6 replies to this topic
  • yz250o2

Posted December 02, 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hey guys its me again. I can't seem to stop the popping on this pipe(White Bros aluminum Pro). I put a 48 pilot in and the needle is at the 5th position. Main is 165.

I noticed that when the temp dropped it made the bike actually backfire every once and awhile, which From what I believe, Colder air-leaner mixture.

(By the way its Deaccel backfire and popping only)

From talking to all the tech they are saying that 50 is too large to put in. But is there something else I can do to this carb other than the fuel screw(which doesn't help alot) to stop that backfiring.

I can't be the only one with a wide open pipe....

• StPeters21

Posted December 03, 2007 - 07:08 AM

i have the same system. I have a 52 in my pilot, needle in stock, and a 170 main.
Check your seal at the head. That may not be tight enough....

Mine runs great. If it is set up fast...you will have a LITTLE popping...Lean is fast.

• grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2007 - 07:16 AM

Hi, it's me again, reminding you that decel popping is a normal characteristic of a YZ450 if the bike is jetted right, and is harmless. If you don't have an air leak in the exhaust, the only way to get rid of it is to richen the bike until it becomes hard to start when hot.

Unless it sounds like a machine gun every time you let off in gear, I wouldn't worry about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StPeters21

Posted December 03, 2007 - 07:28 AM

Hi, it's me again, reminding you that decel popping is a normal characteristic of a YZ450 if the bike is jetted right, and is harmless. If you don't have an air leak in the exhaust, the only way to get rid of it is to richen the bike until it becomes hard to start when hot.

Unless it sounds like a machine gun every time you let off in gear, I wouldn't worry about it.

thats what i ment to say....much better put gray!

• yz250o2

Posted December 03, 2007 - 01:26 PM

Haha thats what Im getting from everybody. Im coming off the 2stroke ....little new to me lol.

52.....isnt that a little too fat?

• adamdf

Posted December 03, 2007 - 03:08 PM

What he ^ said:thumbsup:

• StPeters21

Posted December 04, 2007 - 11:08 AM

Haha thats what Im getting from everybody. Im coming off the 2stroke ....little new to me lol.

52.....isnt that a little too fat?

I live in the mid-west....so no....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.