Wave Rotors?

9 replies to this topic
  • sharktaco

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:27 PM

Has anyone used these wave rotors? Ive never seen a XR650L with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...0127820192&rd=1

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 02, 2007 - 09:01 PM

Galfer rotors are top quality. Improves braking modulation (feel and control). Does not shorten stopping distance.

• ghrati ghoti

Posted December 03, 2007 - 07:56 AM

I have the rear wave rotor on my L, the front one they list for the L does not fit.
Looks cool, but doesn't work any better than the stocker.

• Albie

Posted December 03, 2007 - 10:21 AM

The big pluses for wave rotors is that they clean out quickly and disapate heat better.

• 2000dr650

Posted December 03, 2007 - 10:53 AM

Has anyone used these wave rotors? Ive never seen a XR650L with them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...0127820192&rd=1

hadem both...looks cool, thats it...big waste of money

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmvmechanics

Posted December 15, 2007 - 11:01 PM

do you think it would be worth it for my xr650r supermoto?

• sharktaco

Posted December 16, 2007 - 08:42 AM

I have the rear wave rotor on my L, the front one they list for the L does not fit.
Looks cool, but doesn't work any better than the stocker.

Well, I should have listened to you. The front doesn’t fit. I’m looking for a FRONT wave rotor for a 2007 Honda XR650L with stock hub/rim. For some reason, the front rotor for this bike, as listed in the Galfer catalog part # DF017, does not fit. Anyone aware of any other rotor that will fit?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 16, 2007 - 07:18 PM

Well, I should have listened to you. The front doesn’t fit. I’m looking for a FRONT wave rotor for a 2007 Honda XR650L with stock hub/rim. For some reason, the front rotor for this bike, as listed in the Galfer catalog part # DF017, does not fit. Anyone aware of any other rotor that will fit?

What do you mean it 'does not fit'? Most Galfer rotors are oversize, and need a caliper reloator bracket.

• sharktaco

Posted December 16, 2007 - 09:44 PM

What do you mean it 'does not fit'? Most Galfer rotors are oversize, and need a caliper reloator bracket.

The bolt pattern is different. The front Galfer bolts are spaced about 3 3/4 inches apart, as measured from the center of the bolt holes. The holes on the stock rotor are closer to 5 inches apart. The diameter of the rotor itself is correct, as is the thickness. The rear rotor fits fine.

• Denn10

Posted December 17, 2007 - 08:33 AM

do you think it would be worth it for my xr650r supermoto?

oversized is what makes the big difference, save money from buying a stock size and get a larger rotor kit.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.