my new XR650L

7 replies to this topic
  • WitsBusa

Posted December 02, 2007 - 06:10 AM

Well, I went and picked up my 2003 XRL yesterday and what a freaking great day! I decided to get my hands on a versahauler which was simple to use and held the bike securely on the way home..

It was about 35 or so by the time I got home, and I spent the rest of the afternoon ripping around getting used to the bike.. Unfortunately, I tore up our back yard a little bit because it was wet, but oh well.. I wasn't up for making the trek to somewhere good to ride which is over an hour away.

Spent the rest of the afternoon / evening hooliganing around town, getting the registration taken care of, etc.

There is a little snow on the ground today, so I might have to get it out in a while and test out those knobbys to see how they do in the snow.. :thumbsup:

My other bikes are a hayabusa and a ducati monster s4rs, and I can already tell there is going to be some serious competition in the garage!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think I'm falling for her.. :busted:

• percyco

Posted December 02, 2007 - 06:48 AM

Congrats on your new scoot....looks like it has some extra goodies on it . Uncork that beast with "Dave's Mods", a pipe and a de-smog and your Busa and Monster will be jealous your riding that damn dirtbike all the time !

P

• AaronBrown

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:42 AM

Nice buy, I am sure you are going to have lots of fun with it.

• cleonard

Posted December 02, 2007 - 10:18 AM

Great find! In those photos it looks brand new.

It's hard to see, but those tires look like they are 50/50 tires. If you plan on serious dirt riding, toss those and get something with more bite. I run non-DOT tires on my plated XR600, but I really don't do much pavement. If you must get DOT tires the Dunlop D606 or Pirelli MT21 are pretty good and work decent on the street. I like the D606 better in the mud. Most Pirelli fronts are DOT so you can get a good aggressive dirt front tire if you need it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hondaxrl650

Posted December 02, 2007 - 05:54 PM

NIce bike and welcome to the great world of the bid red pig owners ...:thumbsup:

• Rman of 237

Posted December 02, 2007 - 07:55 PM

Did the PO uncork it?? Show us a pic of the other side.:thumbsup:

• Rockjockey

Posted December 03, 2007 - 04:50 AM

Welcome to the forum, you should have many years of enjoyment from that machine.

• SteveDubo

Posted December 03, 2007 - 02:07 PM

Great looking bike.Welcome to the forum.Im sure you will enjoy it as much as the rest of us

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.