YZ450F 08 original pipe

15 replies to this topic
  • Windseeker

Posted December 02, 2007 - 04:11 AM

I got my 08 bike today. Surprise - it has a ugly longish wr-style pipe - not the shorty lovingly depicted at the yamaha site.
Here are the photos. Has anyone seen this pipe on a 08 bike? Mine is a japanese market version.
Thanks.:thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• DPW

Posted December 02, 2007 - 06:10 AM

see here >> http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=568009

• soudry

Posted December 02, 2007 - 07:08 AM

thats the way they come in europe, your lucky.. the pipe here is like a plug.
whats in the bag (other then the menual)?

• BergArabia

Posted December 02, 2007 - 07:25 AM

thats the way they come in europe, your lucky.. the pipe here is like a plug.
whats in the bag (other then the menual)?

Looks good to me..
following Soudry's query, Is that a spare airfilter in the bag?

• jacob293

Posted December 02, 2007 - 09:21 AM

Looks like a bar pad.

• todds924

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:29 PM

Looks like a bar pad.

Bar pad/tank breather tube/owners manual/spoke wrench and main jets.

• mxmax

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:29 PM

It seems have powerbomb as well , could you please post a picture just of the headpipe ?

• Windseeker

Posted December 02, 2007 - 11:36 PM

Bar pad/tank breather tube/owners manual/spoke wrench and main jets.

Correct-o.

I guess not only european but japanese versions got the old pipe as probably it ate less power...

Yes there is a bomb thing on the header too. So pipe is complete like 06 model (as 07 came to us from Japan this year without bomb thing!)

After having read all (mostly sad stuff) about 08 bike I was going to lose the original pipe anyway - so no big deal if its short or long now...

Thanks to all for comments, and DPW for supplying links to the existing threads on the subject.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2007 - 06:50 AM

If I were you, I'd try it the way it is first. That exhaust system will most likely NOT savage your low end power the way the US muffler does. I'm not saying you shouldn't or can't replace it if you want, only that it's probably nowhere near as bad as ours is, and you may like it just fine.

• Ga426owner

Posted December 03, 2007 - 07:46 AM

Consider yourself lucky.......I know many USA 08 riders that would die for that pipe stock

• rickallen124

Posted December 03, 2007 - 10:04 PM

Is Yamaha sending bikes to every market outside of north america with a powerbomb exhaust because FMF has a patent on it in the US? Good for all of the people in other countries I guess.

• GENE426

Posted December 03, 2007 - 10:08 PM

That is a big sucker
Guess ya get to buy a aftermarket pipe
Oh darn LOL

• BergArabia

Posted December 03, 2007 - 10:59 PM

Consider yourself lucky.......I know many USA 08 riders that would die for that pipe stock

Now they know where to get it..
Japan or Russia I guess.

Maybe the new pipe was something to do with the EPA????

• mj2412

Posted December 03, 2007 - 11:17 PM

This muffler is used in europe and all other countries with FIM politics because the FIM reduced the sound to 94dB in 2008. It was told that with the US muffler (short version) 94db isn't possible and the AMA has a 96dB limit. So the japanese market is also under the FIM rules.

• Windseeker

Posted December 04, 2007 - 02:51 AM

If I were you, I'd try it the way it is first. That exhaust system will most likely NOT savage your low end power the way the US muffler does. I'm not saying you shouldn't or can't replace it if you want, only that it's probably nowhere near as bad as ours is, and you may like it just fine.

Ok - promise will break in and ride with this pipe first (normally waiting 3-4 weeks for the staff to arrive from US online shops :busted: Then will report on the difference if any (except the noise).:busted:

Seems that again grass just seems greener and pipes juicier on the other side ... :thumbsup:

• Emiliano

Posted December 04, 2007 - 10:10 AM

I have the same bike with the same pipe, at first I was dissapointed because I like the way it looks the shorty exaust, but It´s just find, or do my friend has a 2007 with a T4 exaust (original header) and it feels a little more powerfull but a LOT more loud, so I like my quiet pipe, at least for now

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.