Rebuilding my front brake master cylinder

1 reply to this topic
  • PatrickM

Posted December 02, 2007 - 02:46 AM

I have some brake fluid on my handbars so I figured its about time to rebuild my Front brake master cylinder.

My question is....I purchased a kit from my local shop that was to replace the actual master cylinder and all of the seals but is there anything lese that you all think should be replaced while the front brake system is taken apart????

Also....what's the best brake fluid to use for a dirt bike???

Thanks for the help!!!!!!

Patrick M.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirtbiker05

Posted December 02, 2007 - 05:24 AM

try just replacing the master cylinder with all of the seals on it first. if it still leaks id say you would have to replace the copper washers on the bolt that holds the brake line onto the resevoir. use some dot4 brake fluid. hope this helps. good luck.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.