Powerbomb question

10 replies to this topic
  • SID013

Posted December 01, 2007 - 11:19 PM

I am looking at getting some more low end power for my '06 WR450 & presently have a DRD slipon exhaust with the standard WR450 header. Question is will a FMF Powerbomb or Megabomb header suit the DRD slipon or do I have to buy a complete FMF system? Also are they really worth the bucks.

Looking for some feedback.

Cheers from Oz

• surfer

Posted December 02, 2007 - 05:25 AM

The fmf powerbomb will fit the stock pipe so I believe it should fit the Dr D. I ran the powerbomb with a stock uncorked pipe on my 04 and there was a noticable difference in power.I just put a fmf q4 on it and will check it out today. Ed Scott

• clark4131

Posted December 02, 2007 - 09:10 AM

I run a Powerbomb with a Dr. D. There is no fitment issue and I love the setup...SC

• redswr

Posted December 02, 2007 - 05:29 PM

+1 for the power bomb... got one on my 99 and i noticed it pretty good.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:13 PM

I run a Powerbomb with a Dr. D.

SC i am running the Dr. D as well but with a stock header...what did you notice when you added the powerbomb oh and can you do an oil filter change with out the header needing to be moved?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted December 03, 2007 - 06:35 AM

I've had the Powerbomb on since day one. The Dr. D is my third can. Honestly, I can't give you an opinion on just the header, but the whole setup is great. I've got no issues with clearance during an oil change, and I even have an E-Line carbon fiber heat shield on it that never comes off...SC

• SID013

Posted December 03, 2007 - 01:01 PM

The fmf powerbomb will fit the stock pipe so I believe it should fit the Dr D. I ran the powerbomb with a stock uncorked pipe on my 04 and there was a noticable difference in power.I just put a fmf q4 on it and will check it out today. Ed Scott

Many thanks for the responses guys, I didn't consider the clearance ussies for oil filter changes but Clarke answered that one for & also a heat shield. Great info, No just gotta cough up the dollars for the Powerbomb.

Thanks again.

Cheers from Oz.

• dmoney1074

Posted December 03, 2007 - 01:47 PM

+1 for the powerbomb.... really increased power from top to bottom! Its worth it man.

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 03, 2007 - 03:58 PM

As long as your going power bomb, I would go with the Stainless Steel version. Depending on your terrain and riding style - I was always denting and smashing the OEM Ti unit. The SS / SX Power bomb appears to be way more resistant to denting:thumbsup:

• SID013

Posted December 04, 2007 - 02:17 AM

As long as your going power bomb, I would go with the Stainless Steel version. Depending on your terrain and riding style - I was always denting and smashing the OEM Ti unit. The SS / SX Power bomb appears to be way more resistant to denting:thumbsup:

I was going to go with the SS header anyway as being an old bloke I occassionally fall off. :busted: Thanks for the heads up.

:thumbsup:

• trailordune

Posted December 05, 2007 - 10:01 PM

You will be very happy w/ the powerbomb, sx version for low end torque. I put this headpipe on for that very reason and got just what I hoped for, more chug on bottom and a stronger pull through the mid into the top. The top end definitely drops off earlier compared to the stock headpipe though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.