oil filters so expensive

4 replies to this topic
  • wswain

Posted December 01, 2007 - 01:46 AM

just wondering if anyone else thought the same thing.. just bought a new one for my 04 model that i recently got and at the local dealer they are $20, i looked at a place in Sydney( fairly far away) called ballards and they are $9.50 each. so much difference.. and the one bought at the local dealer was just a normal paper non reusable one. anyone else found they are expensive. do any buy in bulk. at ballards they are $75 for 10 which is alot cheaper..
thanks will

• jbrooks26

Posted December 01, 2007 - 05:37 AM

Buy a Scott's stainless steel filter and never buy another one. 10 oil changes and you have it paid for, unless you keep buying the $20 ones and then you only have to do 2.5 oil chainges to pay for the ss filter. Hope this helps,

Josh

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf-f crf-r trx cbr

Posted December 01, 2007 - 05:47 AM

hiflofiltro.......3 bucks each

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2007 - 10:41 AM

Scotts: $65 once. I haven't bought an oil filter in 4 years for my '03. Work that out for $3 apiece.

Read:
http://www.thumperta...297#post4676297

• wswain

Posted December 01, 2007 - 11:57 PM

thanks fellas

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.