throttle stop cut

12 replies to this topic
  • tctrailrider

Posted October 04, 2002 - 04:57 AM

Just purchased 2000 WR400 and love it. Throttle stop has been cut. Throttle grip from closed to full open turns to far, need big overgrip to let it go full open. Is there aftermarket or other suggestion to shorten the grip range?

• cnacc

Posted October 04, 2002 - 06:58 AM

A quick fix is to rotate the whole throttle assembly foreword. Just loosen the two screws that hold the throttle on and rotate it foreword, then tighten it back up. The only thing that might get in your way is the break reservoir. I don't know on the 2000 WR but on the 01's you can adjust the cables as well.

Posted October 09, 2002 - 08:24 AM

Are you sure you don't mean a 2000 WR426 ?

Bonzai :)

• tctrailrider

Posted October 09, 2002 - 08:45 AM

Nope, 2000 WR 400F

• keith_king

Posted October 09, 2002 - 09:33 AM

IN 2000 they made the YZ426 and the WR400 in 01 they were both the four two six

• MOmilkman

Posted October 09, 2002 - 11:13 AM

Yamakaze... you truly should have known.
(my Mr. Know-it-all impersonation)

BTW: Love the pic! You look like your ready to hand out a a$$ whoopin'! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted October 09, 2002 - 11:30 AM

Kieth I have your jersey

Shall I burn it :)
Pee On it :D
Or let me Cat Poop Eating Dowg have it :D

So whats the verdict on your WR?

What broke

• Chaindrive

Posted October 09, 2002 - 04:10 PM

What is it with dogs and kitty "granola bars" anyway...? And he'll come straight to you to give a good face-lickin' afterwards..! :)

And, YEAH!, Yamakaze is one serious looking dude! Bet he could ride his "rice burner" up to any biker bar around and have them buy his beers...(They DO dig the awesome Thumper sound of these weenie 400's). Wouldn't want on his bad side...or in between him and the checkered flag either!! :D "Old age and INTIMIDATION will overcome youth and skill any day!" :D

E.G.O.: What kind of tires are you running? Mine wash out real bad any time I try a corner like that... :D

• blue_beast_wins

Posted October 09, 2002 - 11:31 PM

Bit cheeky have you seen YAMKAZE's pic??

• Bill

Posted October 10, 2002 - 02:18 AM

In 00 it was a WR400. Yamaha increased the displacement (426) of the YZ but the WR until 01.

• cnacc

Posted October 10, 2002 - 04:59 AM

Your comment about "They DO dig the awesome Thumper sound of these weenie 400's" Is true the other day I was getting gas and three Harley dudes pulled in. They were just hanging out and stretching, and when I fired up the old bike one of them came over and asked me what size bike it was. When I told him 426 he looked shocked. He said cool I thought it was bigger, and he likes'em loud :) no problem there. Of course I had to wheelie down the street. I saw them when I was ridding back into town from my ride nothing but respect for the 426. :D :D

• lewichris

Posted October 10, 2002 - 05:55 AM

ah but the europe and aussie models they still make the 400 and the 426. Aint that right?

• John_Lorenz

Posted October 10, 2002 - 10:30 AM

Chain drive,
slicks I am an x road racer so I tend to lean real far over using my hand and knee as balance...Notice I am still on the gas

I taught Roberts that trick

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.