new DR.D pipe, I need jets?

5 replies to this topic
  • MAC 450

Posted November 30, 2007 - 07:30 PM

I can't seem to find the wr jetting sticky that I saw a few months ago... I finally broke down and bought a slip on DR.D pipe for my '06...need the extra POWER!

....Question...I did the mods..Air box, grey wire, AIS, and installed a YZ needle. Can I run it this way with the new pipe without damaging the motor? Or do I need to change the main jet and maybe the others? Elevation aprox. 2,000-3,000 ft.. So. cal desert........thanks..

• rich1167

Posted November 30, 2007 - 07:44 PM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=411240

• clark4131

Posted November 30, 2007 - 09:00 PM

To Re-jet, or Not to Re-jet, that is the question!

From above...

Re-jet

• You just took delivery and did ALL the free mods...the bikes come lean from the factory and free mods make it worse.
  • You just put on a new exhaust system
  • You just installed a new carb
  • You just rebuilt the top end/had a big bore installed
  • You've changed average riding elevation by 4,000' or more
  • The temperature average has increased/decreased by 20 degrees
  • Whenever you have an environmental/mechanical change that significantly effects the air density or the air/fuel requirements of your engine.

:thumbsup:...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MAC 450

Posted November 30, 2007 - 10:17 PM

Ok...thanks..

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:26 PM

if i was you and this is what i did when i did my dr.d slip on....i would install a 40 leak jet/do the o-ring mod / and if you havent already change the pilot jet go to a 48 and for the main do a 165...this is what im running for the so cal desert and i have no bog and no back fire. bike runs great

• clark4131

Posted December 03, 2007 - 06:36 AM

I think a 165 main may be a little low. I run a 168 all the time, and I'm at 4800' ASL...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.