E-Series pipe question for a WR400

4 replies to this topic
  • Jerrit

Posted March 31, 2002 - 06:39 PM

I just bought a 1999 WR400f and it came with a White Brothers E-series pipe, I want to run an enduro here in Michigan next weekend but will be tested for sound levels, does anyone know what the decibles are for this pipe on this bike?
I went to www.whitebrothers.com but there was no sound level info I could find and they don't accept emails.

Thanks,

Jerrit

• Guy

Posted April 01, 2002 - 12:18 AM

:D LOUD, if you do a search on noise level's someone posted various db's for pipes just recently, but I can tell you , I don't think the E will pass :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted April 01, 2002 - 01:31 AM

You can remove disc to quiet the pipe or order a quiet core, of course you'll probably have to re-jet. I would think any more than 8 discs would be to loud.

I ran a GNCC last year with 12 discs :D and did not get bounced. Course I think the rain at Tech, might have had something to do with it :)

Bill

• Dirtnut

Posted April 01, 2002 - 02:16 AM

Jerrit

Where is there an enduro in Mich next weekend. I don't have that on any schedual that I have seen.

• YAMAKAZE

Posted April 01, 2002 - 04:14 AM

I too have never been bounced from a race with my E-Series and 12 disks. I race MX, Hare Scrambles and GNCC's. It could just be an east coast thing as I have seen many stories here about folks being bounced in CA.

Bonzai :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.