kick starter broke!

2 replies to this topic
  • fc501

Posted November 30, 2007 - 04:31 PM

Started the bike to warm up and it die, started it again using the decom. to clear it and then gave it a kick to start and the lever didnt return! I heard or felt something when I kicked it but now it doenst return.
Any ideas before I open the side. I was looking at the manual and I guess I need to remove the clutch plate/housing.
Maybe it is the kick starter spindle assembly?
thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • daddyk

Posted November 30, 2007 - 05:42 PM

I did that a while it's the kick starter return spring. The spring was like 10 bucks and i needed a little plastic ring gear like thing. I had to pull the clutch to get to it. Just follow the manual and it takes a couple hours.

• fc501

Posted November 30, 2007 - 09:26 PM

thanks, I took the side off and pull the gear/spindle out, without taking the clutch off. Then I pulled out the rest of the spring. It is broken. But am thinking putting it back in without taking out the clutch isnt going to work. If it does, I'll be lucky.
thanks for the reply.

just as a side note, I bought this bike a month or so ago and havent riden it yet but found the screen that is inside, free from dirt!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.