'07 Starter Burned Out

2 replies to this topic
  • bluemoonrider

Posted November 30, 2007 - 08:32 AM

Just A 4 Months Old Bike, 1000 Ml. And No Starter. Dealer Said When He Opened It, It Looked Like A 20 Y/o Starter , Totaly Burned Out. Never Saw Anything Like It Before. No Warrantee Of Course, Sounds Familiar? Any Suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RickSanson

Posted November 30, 2007 - 10:00 AM

We don't get any warranty here either!

It's nice to know that we're all getting screwed equally!

• Looks450

Posted December 07, 2007 - 04:03 AM

I have spoken to Yamaha Aust and i am argueing that a burnt out starter is not fair wear after 1200 kms, even if it isn't out of warranty.

I have another source that they replaced his free for him after he threatened to start bagging them out about it.

Unfortunatly the 07 is begining to look a lot like the 03 in terms of starter issues.

Looks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.