GYTR Exhaust on 05 450

3 replies to this topic
  • dazzabb

Posted November 29, 2007 - 11:09 PM

Finally decided (after posting on the forum for advice) that a GYTR Aluminium exhaust on my WR450 was the best combination of price / performance / looks. I was not dissapointed, its a really well made bit of kit.

While its not easy to figure out real performance gains as its so subjective (and small) I was looking for more low end grunt and I seem to have found it.

I have not had to rejet either (still running a 165 main) as there is no hesitation throughout the rev range - and if anyhting the plug colour is still telling me its too rich, which was surprising.

If the plug colour is showing its still running rich but it feels strong should i leave it be or try leaning it out on a 162 main?

It is LOUD though!

• clark4131

Posted November 30, 2007 - 11:17 AM

Plug color on a 4 stroke is not a reliable gauge of a lean/rich condition...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dazzabb

Posted December 03, 2007 - 04:39 AM

Plug color on a 4 stroke is not a reliable gauge of a lean/rich condition...SC

SC,

You've just burst my bubble!

I thought that plug colour was THE gauge of fuel mixture.

Can you elaborate a bit please?

• clark4131

Posted December 03, 2007 - 06:31 AM

Plug color is the definitive gauge on 2 strokes, however, it can vary widely with the thumpers. The best way to do it with the WR is with an air/fuel meter and a sensor in the exhaust...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.