Aux. lighting for 07' 450

42 replies to this topic
  • atitagain

Posted November 30, 2007 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for all of the GREAT info on this subject. I am always amazed at the depth of knowledge on this forum.
Motao- I would be glad to give your bulbs a run in the dunes. PM me for more details.
... Keep the info comming....

• tweav

Posted December 02, 2007 - 03:47 PM

So do you guy's still want me to post a how to thread about doing a h4 mod on a 07 style headlight ? or are you just going to run that guy's high output bulbs?

• Randy Nilles

Posted December 02, 2007 - 05:47 PM

I need to know how to convert the stock housing to a HID. Any help would be awesome. I have floated the groung and should have the Baja designs reg/rectifier here tomorrow.

• SXP

Posted December 02, 2007 - 05:52 PM

So do you guy's still want me to post a how to thread about doing a h4 mod on a 07 style headlight ? or are you just going to run that guy's high output bulbs?

Absolutely. In fact, what's taking you so long?:thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:48 PM

Last night was my company x-mas party held at a local bar with free drinks and food :busted: :ride: :lol: We shut the place down . As you may guess I have not been worth a whole lot today . Oh well I'll get to it.:thumbsup: :busted:

• tweav

Posted December 03, 2007 - 01:27 AM

I posted it under dual sport .
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=579385

• atitagain

Posted December 03, 2007 - 05:57 AM

That's VERY nice, Tweav!
Are there any mods required to run a h4? Is it dual filiment? What are the pro's and con's about that bulb? Sorry for all the ??'s, but I am bulb stupid!

• SXP

Posted December 03, 2007 - 07:29 AM

I posted it under dual sport .
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=579385

• taksx

Posted December 03, 2007 - 10:15 AM

DAMN! That's a mofo of a light. Is it a HID? What's it's wattage? Do you keep the light on the bike 24/7 or only if you have a night ride planned? Any rewiring of the stator necessary, and finally how much?

HID? No cost to much money. plus I would kick my self if I break it when I drop the bike.

Wattage? Halogen bulb at 55W, I did install an after market 4000k 55w bulb though.

Light on the bike? Light has been on since daylight savings time (been goofing off a night)

Stator mod? yup, but no need to if you have a battery. I only did the mod because I have my helmet light hot wire to the battery and don't want to drain it.

Cost? $430ish with extra bulbs.

FYI
All electric start bikes kits still run juice of the battery.
All connector stay the same, you don't have to cut and soldier wires AKA plug and play
You can still run you're old light with the mod kit.
You can feel the weight (7lbs) up front

• tweav

Posted December 03, 2007 - 12:22 PM

yes that is a dual filiment bulb . it takes a 3 blade style plug . you can just use 3 push on female blade conectors .I set my bike up with I high low switch . I can buy a bulb for this setup even at wal-mart "not that I would go there." the old h6 bulb is hard to get and the highest wattage I've seen is 50 watts h4's Ive seen up to 130 watts

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Randy Nilles

Posted December 03, 2007 - 01:43 PM

Cost? $430ish with extra bulbs.

What all did you do to come up with this price?

• taksx

Posted December 03, 2007 - 04:00 PM

What all did you do to come up with this price?

that's for the light
stator mod
wires
new rectifier
and shipping

I'll give you an exact price and better description tonight.

• atitagain

Posted December 03, 2007 - 05:24 PM

Will the H4 work on a stock bike, ie: no stator mod? What would the highest wattage a stock WR can handle?

• tweav

Posted December 03, 2007 - 06:16 PM

there are different outputs wattage stators on the wr through the years so it depends on what you got . my 07 only come with a 35 watt lighting coil but some of the older ones had larger lighting coils. I did the floating ground mod the best cheap mod I've done so far.Now my light does not flicker like a candle .

• SXP

Posted December 03, 2007 - 07:31 PM

my 07 only come with a 35 watt lighting coil .

I can't say for sure, but judging by the way my head light performs with a 45W/45W H6M bulb, I'd wager the output of the stock AC lighting coil is more than 35W. It more than handles the extra 10 watts and doesn't flame out while the bike idles and is quite bright.

• atitagain

Posted December 03, 2007 - 08:05 PM

thanks tweav and sxp,
My bike is an 07', and as stated, it is all stock except for the hi/low switch. Do you find the 45/45 much brighter than the stock light? If I do the stator mod, does the light wiring need to be re-routed directly to the battery? I would like to do the stator mod, but don't want to have to rewire all of the lights.

• SXP

Posted December 03, 2007 - 08:15 PM

thanks tweav and sxp,
My bike is an 07', and as stated, it is all stock except for the hi/low switch. Do you find the 45/45 much brighter than the stock light? If I do the stator mod, does the light wiring need to be re-routed directly to the battery? I would like to do the stator mod, but don't want to have to rewire all of the lights.

It's an improvement over the 35W for sure, and I'm hoping the 55W/60W is even better. I'm going to have to see if the stock lighting coil can handle the 55W/60W bulb. If it does, I'm going to leave the stator alone. If not, I'll look at floating the ground to make the bike all DC. I'm going to work on tweav's H4 mod this weekend.

• atitagain

Posted December 03, 2007 - 08:51 PM

keep me posted on how the h4 goes..let me know what you use for a donor. For a quick fix, I think I'm going to get a pair of ultra white 45/45 h6m off ebay ($19).

• SXP

Posted December 03, 2007 - 08:53 PM

For a quick fix, I think I'm going to get a pair of ultra white 45/45 h6m off ebay ($19).

I'm using those same bulbs right now:thumbsup:

• Randy Nilles

Posted December 08, 2007 - 09:15 AM

Has anyone found a donor that would be easy to get. I looked around for the handheld light and couln't find one anywhere. Thanks for your help:worthy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.