Aux. lighting for 07' 450

42 replies to this topic
  • atitagain

Posted November 29, 2007 - 09:06 AM

After riding at Glamis for the first time over T-day, it didn't take me long to figure out my bike needed better lighting! Has anyone installed aftermarket lighting to help improve night vision? I want to keep the stock headlight for on-road use, but I am looking for recomendations for some aux. lighting. Thanks in advance for any and all input.
BTW, the 450 is a BLAST in the dunes:applause:

• Randy Nilles

Posted November 29, 2007 - 02:43 PM

I am working on a HID set up with my stock fixture housing. I also use a Trail Tech Mr 16 Hid helmet light. Once the HID is in the combo will be awesome. But the stock does okay with the helmet light.

• IrideWR

Posted November 29, 2007 - 07:46 PM

Did you have a paddle. I was there and seen a WR with a stock tire. I have the same bike and had a blast, I staid close to the sand rails at night. Ow I had a paddle and it eat the shock mud flap! :thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted November 29, 2007 - 08:14 PM

My 07 wr 450 is dual sported . I put the baja designs stator rewiring kit in it turns it into a 100watts or so . the I just put in a hyper white 65/55 watt bulb in my stock light rewired to my battery . It's nice and bright . I get high beamed by people when I'm riding aroung on low beam. Oh yeah I also added a hi beam low beam switch. I think they only charged 40 bucks or so for the kit

• AZ45

Posted November 29, 2007 - 08:24 PM

Check these out-
http://www.visionxof...LED/XMITTERBAR/

I'm waiting for a 6" to try on my 07 450, it may go on without any system mods.
They were used on cars and trucks at the B1k this year with great results.
The only concern is how far the light will extend, they're super bright but not super long range.

• Desracer

Posted November 29, 2007 - 10:09 PM

Try Cyclops for the helmet light at around $100.00 small light weight and very durable. It's at the same color level as the the stock headlight so it works well. Your bike should be able to run it easy with no mods. See were you look!

• SXP

Posted November 30, 2007 - 10:53 AM

My 07 wr 450 is dual sported . I put the baja designs stator rewiring kit in it turns it into a 100watts or so . the I just put in a hyper white 65/55 watt bulb in my stock light rewired to my battery . It's nice and bright . I get high beamed by people when I'm riding aroung on low beam. Oh yeah I also added a hi beam low beam switch. I think they only charged 40 bucks or so for the kit

Would you mind sharing where you got the 65/55 H6M bulb to fit the stock 07 headlight? I've only been able to find a 45/45 ultra white. Thanks.

• taksx

Posted November 30, 2007 - 11:41 AM

Get your self a H4/9003 4000K bulb. Sylvania calls it their Ultra white or HID look, then call Cyclops and buy the helmet light that you can run a wire to the battery. That right there should light up you're world for under $150!

Eddie

sup sxp!

• tweav

Posted November 30, 2007 - 11:54 AM

I made my stock light take an h4 . I had a old spot light and took the mount off it then ground the back my light to fit the mount . then drilled two holes in the mount and bolted it fast . it took me about 20 minutes , a dremmel tool and a 28 dollar spot light

• SXP

Posted November 30, 2007 - 11:56 AM

I made my stock light take an h4 . I had a old spot light and took the mount off it then ground the back my light to fit the mount . then drilled two holes in the mount and bolted it fast . it took me about 20 minutes , a dremmel tool and a 28 dollar spot light

Could you post some pics please? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted November 30, 2007 - 12:35 PM

sup sxp!

Hey Eddie - Just hanging/terrorizing this board while I rehab. 3 more months to go....SUXS ASS:thumbsdn:!

The headlight bulb/base on the 07s (H6M) is different from the 06 and earlier (H4). It's not a drop-in fit.

• tweav

Posted November 30, 2007 - 01:29 PM

I'll tell you what .I going to mod my new crf 250x's headlight . I'll post the pics as I do it . the back of the light is the same as my 07 wr450's they are both stanley light headlights. So I'll post a step by step of that ok ? I wonder if I should post it here or under the honda forum.

• SXP

Posted November 30, 2007 - 01:33 PM

I'll tell you what .I going to mod my new crf 250x's headlight . I'll post the pics as I do it . the back of the light is the same as my 07 wr450's they are both stanley light headlights. So I'll post a step by step of that ok ? I wonder if I should post it here or under the honda forum.

Do it in both forums as it applies to us too. Appreciate it:thumbsup:

• tweav

Posted November 30, 2007 - 01:39 PM

I'll try to get it done this weekend . the only bulb I have right now is a 90/100 watter , way too hot to use but it will do for the pics

• taksx

Posted November 30, 2007 - 02:40 PM

Hey Eddie - Just hanging/terrorizing this board while I rehab. 3 more months to go....SUXS ASS:thumbsdn:!

The headlight bulb/base on the 07s (H6M) is different from the 06 and earlier (H4). It's not a drop-in fit.

3 more months...ah man that's a tuff deal.

I don't like H6M bulbs their hard to find in stock and not as popular as the others. I used to run what I posted earlier but I had to pony up and drop some major bucks on a 8" light, Now I can reach out and touch the sky.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Motao

Posted November 30, 2007 - 03:22 PM

I manufacture a specialized H6M bulb for the Aussie ADR WR's. The bulb is homologated under JIS test proceedures and is Street legal in Australia/Japan. At 12V 50/65W it is the brightest Standard H6M bulb available and the only Super bright bulb thats designed exclusively for 2007 WR headlights and that has been tested and approved by Yamaha Australia. I also tried to get TUV approval for Europe however there is no testing guidelines for H6M bulbs (at present) so TUV could not homologate it for me.

If you would like a couple of these bulbs "free" I will gladly send you some samples as I would like your feedback on their performance on the Glamis dunes.

• SXP

Posted November 30, 2007 - 04:24 PM

I manufacture a specialized H6M bulb for the Aussie ADR WR's. The bulb is homologated under JIS test proceedures and is Street legal in Australia/Japan. At 12V 50/65W it is the brightest Standard H6M bulb available and the only Super bright bulb thats designed exclusively for 2007 WR headlights and that has been tested and approved by Yamaha Australia. I also tried to get TUV approval for Europe however there is no testing guidelines for H6M bulbs (at present) so TUV could not homologate it for me.

If you would like a couple of these bulbs "free" I will gladly send you some samples as I would like your feedback on their performance on the Glamis dunes.

I would appreciate a sample or two, and would gladly pay for them if necessary.

• tweav

Posted November 30, 2007 - 04:40 PM

how much for two bulbs ? and how many watts are they? 50/65 watt or as bright as a 50/65 ?

• SXP

Posted November 30, 2007 - 05:01 PM

50/65 watt or as bright as a 50/65 ?

Good question, and are they the "white" light type?

• SXP

Posted November 30, 2007 - 05:08 PM

3 more months...ah man that's a tuff deal.

I don't like H6M bulbs their hard to find in stock and not as popular as the others. I used to run what I posted earlier but I had to pony up and drop some major bucks on a 8" light, Now I can reach out and touch the sky.
Posted Image
Posted Image

DAMN! That's a mofo of a light. Is it a HID? What's it's wattage? Do you keep the light on the bike 24/7 or only if you have a night ride planned? Any rewiring of the stator necessary, and finally how much?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.