Scott Steering Damper for YZ 450 F 08

3 replies to this topic
  • Windseeker

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:01 PM

Can any one tell if I can fit a steering damper from 07 YZ450F to a 08 model? I read the frame is a tad bit lighter (read - changed) and the guys in the shop told me the dampers for the 08 bikes will be available in a month's time.

The bike is arriving on the weekend and it's the first 08 model around....:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:48 PM

That's the info I've seen. The area behind the steering head has changed enough that Scotts has to come up with a new pin anchor bracket for the '08, and they say it should be done in a month.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Windseeker

Posted November 29, 2007 - 06:08 AM

will wait and see then....

• MotoXT

Posted November 29, 2007 - 06:47 AM

I got the same info as Greyracer after speaking with Scotts a couple of weeks back, so I'm axiously waiting.

How is the riding in Russia?

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.