WARNING : don't buy this product

21 replies to this topic
  • straightup rider

Posted November 28, 2007 - 06:39 PM

I purchased the new fuel screw from Pro Circuit thinking I was making the best choice since it seemed to have the newest design in fuel screws. Boy was I wrong. Not only did the fuel screw come all scratched up, the threads got worn from only threading in the carb one time. The material is way too soft compared to the threads in the carburator. And after looking a little closer I noticed that the dimensions of the tip was different than my stock one (shorter , the taper was not proportioned the same and the tip at the top was half the size) Needless to say my bike ran like crap. So I recommend NOT buying one. I guess I should of stayed with the older brown version.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• rmzRacer293

Posted November 28, 2007 - 07:24 PM

I would send it back if it actually came all scratched up and used lookin even if it did work... see if they will send you the older style in return. :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:04 PM

Did you contact Pro Circuit? Every company makes mistakes, give them a chance to make it right.

• grayracer513

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:40 PM

Did you contact Pro Circuit? Every company makes mistakes, give them a chance to make it right.

They might actually help you solve the problem. Jumping up on the web and badmouthing them won't do a thing for you.

It isn't the least bit unusual for aftermarket fuel screws to vary from the original, or to adjust out differently, either. Believe it or not, there are even two or three mistakes you might have made in installing it that could affect how it works.

Either way, your best shot at getting help with what you see as a bad product is the manufacturer themselves.

• TapptOut

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the head's up, but like they said give them a chance.

• todds924

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:51 PM

Give them a chance...They will make it right!

• Ga426owner

Posted November 29, 2007 - 07:34 AM

At first glance it looks like the wrong fuel screw for your bike....call PC and tell them to make it right - they will.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted November 29, 2007 - 03:02 PM

It's hard to imagine the fuel screw being softer than the carb. Carbs are very soft and easy to strip and screw up.

• todds924

Posted November 29, 2007 - 05:34 PM

It's hard to imagine the fuel screw being softer than the carb. Carbs are very soft and easy to strip and screw up.

The aftermarket fuel screws are made of a softer aluminum. Brass is really best.

• BergArabia

Posted November 30, 2007 - 01:32 AM

I have an 05 with an adjusting screw which I have assumed was an air screw since it is stock and it does not look like the brass screw on the top..
only made a couple of adjustments of the stock screw in 2 years.

hmm but I guess the riding conditions here are not quite so changable..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted November 30, 2007 - 04:27 PM

When I get the zip-ty fuel screw, it was like a miracle! Here one riding day may be 75 degrees and the next 90, so I use it often. I'm surprised the PC screw didn't work, are you sure they didn't accidentally give you one for the wrong carb? Let us know if they fix the problem for you.

• todds924

Posted November 30, 2007 - 05:36 PM

I have an 05 with an adjusting screw which I have assumed was an air screw since it is stock and it does not look like the brass screw on the top..
only made a couple of adjustments of the stock screw in 2 years.

hmm but I guess the riding conditions here are not quite so changable..

These carburetors do not have an air screw.. they have a fuel screw. Big difference:thumbsup:

• DPW

Posted December 01, 2007 - 09:21 AM

I love when folks come on a message board and whine and then provide no update.

• steve_97060

Posted December 01, 2007 - 09:50 AM

I love when folks come on a message board and whine and then provide no update.

not to mention he didn't even say if he called PC first to see if he could get the problem resolved before coming on here and bashing them...

• warrior04

Posted December 01, 2007 - 09:55 AM

call pc and let them know. anytime i have had a problem with something of theirs they have always been good about making it right.

• grayracer513

Posted December 01, 2007 - 04:46 PM

not to mention he didn't even say if he called PC first to see if he could get the problem resolved before coming on here and bashing them...

I have $10 that says he didn't.

• todds924

Posted December 01, 2007 - 07:24 PM

I have $10 that says he didn't.

I've got the PROPER fuel screw I'll send him for nothing if he did call them and they didn't make it right.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted December 02, 2007 - 06:39 AM

If PC won't make it right, go with the ZIP TY.

• 06crf_er

Posted December 02, 2007 - 06:43 AM

At first glance it looks like the wrong fuel screw for your bike....call PC and tell them to make it right - they will.

That's kind of hat I thought.:thumbsup:

• crf-f crf-r trx cbr

Posted December 02, 2007 - 08:27 AM

they sent you the wrong fuel screw....that may very well be from a 250f

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.