5.3 or 5.6?

4 replies to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted November 28, 2007 - 05:16 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Is the stock spring rate in the rear for a 04 WR450 5.3 or 5.6?I thought it was 5.6 but Im reading 5.3 in the manual
Maybe Im looking at it wrong
Thanks[/COLOR]

• Bleeds_Blue

Posted November 29, 2007 - 04:47 PM

I believe it's a 5.3, that's what came on my 06 WR450. I now have a 5.6 and feels much better. I'm 6' & 195 pounds w/o gear. Hope this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted November 30, 2007 - 02:03 AM

[COLOR="Green"]Thank You Sir
That was what I was looking for
[/COLOR]

• fordman

Posted November 30, 2007 - 01:18 PM

sorry to hijack but does the 5.6 make the bike higher or does it just stiffen the sus.?

• SXP

Posted November 30, 2007 - 01:30 PM

sorry to hijack but does the 5.6 make the bike higher or does it just stiffen the sus.?

You can crank any rate spring down far enough (preload) with the adjusting collars to the point where the bike will not sag at all under it's own weight, i.e., it will sit higher. The correct rate spring for you weight with the right amount of preload/sag will cause the bike to have the same attitude as a lighter spring correctly setup for a lighter rider. Hope this helps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.