Making my '07 WR450 lighter

11 replies to this topic
  • allanwessels

Posted November 28, 2007 - 03:46 PM

I was wondering if anyone had some killer diet ideas for my WR450, I love the bike but it's so dang heavy, If I could get 15-20lbs off I would be in heaven!

I've already replaced the pipe & installed the AIS removal kit...

I'm guessing the biggest return in this venture would be to pull the battery, is this possible, if so what are the implications besides having to kick start it every time?

• MaxPower

Posted November 28, 2007 - 05:14 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Do the new WRs come with the Ti shock spring like the YZs?
There is some weight right there[/COLOR]

• jams229

Posted November 28, 2007 - 05:18 PM

15-20 lbs is wishful thinking. Many will buy the YZF instead.
Even after you have swapped out the pipe and AIS, by the time you add
handguards and skidplate and other armor for protection, you're right back where you started if not even heavier. Sorry.

• resinlips

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:04 PM

Lose the tail light. It all adds up!

• tweav

Posted November 28, 2007 - 10:09 PM

use a bunch of yz stuff . rear spring , air box , cdi and radiator cap ...Then toss the the overflow tank ,starter , battery , head light tail light and most of the wiring do all that and you should be getting close to 20 lbs

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 28, 2007 - 11:11 PM

I was wondering if anyone had some killer diet ideas for my WR450, I love the bike but it's so dang heavy, If I could get 15-20lbs off I would be in heaven!

I've already replaced the pipe & installed the AIS removal kit...

I'm guessing the biggest return in this venture would be to pull the battery, is this possible, if so what are the implications besides having to kick start it every time?

Weight on a WR is like a woman with a big ass. It always seems big when you're tossing it around. If you drop it, its really heavy to pick up. If you fall off, it hard to climb back on. But once you relax and get really used to riding it, you'll never hit bottom.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fitzy

Posted November 29, 2007 - 12:53 AM

Weight on a WR is like a woman with a big ass. It always seems big when you're tossing it around. If you drop it, its really heavy to pick up. If you fall off, it hard to climb back on. But once you relax and get really used to riding it, you'll never hit bottom.:thumbsup:

:busted: I'll never look at my WR in the same light ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:busted:
Funny shite:applause:

• cpr1

Posted November 29, 2007 - 07:18 AM

Weight on a WR is like a woman with a big ass. It always seems big when you're tossing it around. If you drop it, its really heavy to pick up. If you fall off, it hard to climb back on. But once you relax and get really used to riding it, you'll never hit bottom.:busted:

Holy cow! That's friggin' funny!:thumbsup:

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted November 29, 2007 - 12:14 PM

15-20 lbs is wishful thinking. Many will buy the YZF instead.

i bought my wr for the tranny everything esle was a bonus if you may...i bet there would be a lot of guys who would like a yz that came from the factory with a wr tranny?

• LJ

Posted November 29, 2007 - 01:01 PM

I'd buy the yzf if it had a green sticker. But instead I'm looking at the wr.

• tweav

Posted November 29, 2007 - 05:30 PM

buy them both and swap the frames . then sell the watered down yz with a head light and keep the wr title with all yz stuff and a green sticker:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :busted: It's kind of crazy sounding but you get what you want then. and you know it's only money.

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted November 29, 2007 - 09:58 PM

Yep, only money!

Great stuff, maurice.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.