Motorcycle Usa's 08 YZ450F review

9 replies to this topic
  • adamdf

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:24 AM

http://www.motorcycl...eID=5573&Page=1

Almost seems too good to be true. But still know some of you out there would want to read it.

And this is the kind of Blue i love. Is it really that bright or was that some photo editing?

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:03 AM

No offense meant to you, Adam, but this individual rode his first 450 in '06 (based on Yamaha's marketing quote of MXA)? Why would I be interested in his opinion, favorable as it apparently is? It's another review of a dirt bike by someone not really qualified to do one, as far as I can see, and packed full of the usual restated marketing quotations that sound great, but defy logic. Hell, I find your opinion of more interest, frankly. It's a good thing he didn't try an '03 or '04...:thumbsup:

• matts06yzf

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:09 AM

http://www.transworl...1687409,00.html

Dougs 08 seems to be working ok :thumbsup:

Adam have tou bought a 08 yet I know you been looking forever? If not just buy the yami you will like

• adamdf

Posted November 28, 2007 - 07:16 PM

No offense meant to you, Adam, but this individual rode his first 450 in '06 (based on Yamaha's marketing quote of MXA)? Why would I be interested in his opinion, favorable as it apparently is? It's another review of a dirt bike by someone not really qualified to do one, as far as I can see, and packed full of the usual restated marketing quotations that sound great, but defy logic. Hell, I find your opinion of more interest, frankly. It's a good thing he didn't try an '03 or '04...:thumbsup:

Gray, i totally agree with you. I found the review to be full of "nothing new". And very typical. But i thought some of the guys on here may still want to check it out.

Matt, no my bike has not been sold yet. I expected it to be off my hands this week. It has been a toss up, but i'm sorry to say i am leaning towards red this time around. I know the Yami is an excellent and most importantly, very reliable bike, but i think the Honda is definitely a good option as well and it just has me a bit more excited and confident that it would be a great choice. I love yamis, who knows, maybe for 09 (im expecting something big from yamaha, it would be due then) i will be more excited about riding blue. To be honest, i hate saying i'm thinking about buying a honda, i have no affection for the brand, especially since soo many people ride them, but i can't deny the fact that the 08 seems great. What ever i end up with, i'll be sure to be active in this forum though, because to be honest, i find the guys in here to be the most knowledgeable and kool to discuss things with.

• matts06yzf

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:05 PM

Well said. Like I have said before I like the honda. Maybe it will be a good move for you sometimes a change is good:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:21 PM

It has been a toss up, but i'm sorry to say i am leaning towards red this time around. I know the Yami is an excellent and most importantly, very reliable bike, but i think the Honda is definitely a good option as well and it just has me a bit more excited and confident that it would be a great choice.

From experience, don't assume bad riding habits transferred to another brand makes for miracles. Red and Blue are two completely different handling machines. Quite frankly, I've got my YZ so well dialed in for my ridding that I feel more comfortable on it and might even be faster....Not sure, but it's possible. The transition for me has taken longer than I anticipated. No regrets, but I am a bit surprised at the learning curve in comparison. They are that different and require a change in riding position in comparison.

• endurodog

Posted November 28, 2007 - 09:02 PM

From experience, don't assume bad riding habits transferred to another brand makes for miracles. Red and Blue are two completely different handling machines. Quite frankly, I've got my YZ so well dialed in for my ridding that I feel more comfortable on it and might even be faster....Not sure, but it's possible. The transition for me has taken longer than I anticipated. No regrets, but I am a bit surprised at the learning curve in comparison. They are that different and require a change in riding position in comparison.

That's some good observations. I'm coming off of a 05 CRF450 and on to an 08 YZF450. Like many are thinking here lately, I just had to try a Honda. My girlfriend coaches me, what a great lady. I had always ridden Yamaha up till that CRF. She says I'm faster and look smoother on the YZF. I think it has to do with the fact that I'm use to Yamaha ergos. Couldn't be happier with my YZF and to be back on a Yamaha.

• Joe_Jet

Posted November 29, 2007 - 01:40 AM

Milestone is not a good track to test for turning as it is sandy and has a lot of berms. The YZ performs awesome there and Cahuilla!

• adamdf

Posted November 29, 2007 - 06:18 AM

I agree with you as well. In fact, the ONLY reason i was possibly going to stick with the Yamaha is because i have adapted so well to my 06 YZ250F and i love the feel of the yamaha chassis. However, i cannot deny red also has a solid package, one with a more potent motor out of the crate and supposedly corners amazingly. I am not saying one is clearly better but i am saying Honda seems to have brought a very competitive package to market right out of the crate and i'm willing to give it a try, despite the fact i hate that its a Honda and not a yami.

• BergArabia

Posted November 30, 2007 - 12:43 AM

Congrats to Yamaha and to all those who have one..
Sounds excellent..:thumbsup:
Read some 08 reviews on here, not everyone seems to like the power and many blame the pipe.. So this was an interesting review..

should have read the rest of the posts before posting.
Yeah it is hard to accept as an authority someone who hasn't really had much to do with the bikes.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.