Ooops - another difference 600 v. 650L, duh...

1 reply to this topic
  • skillet

Posted November 28, 2007 - 04:51 AM

Back to working on project again. We all know that the xr600 and xr650L are VERY similar. So when I saw a 102mm xr600 sleeve on fleabay, I got it. Well, it's actually 100mm. Anyway, my machinist pressed out the L sleeve and went to put in the new sleeve and it's just a wee bit small. You can't see the difference, but it "drops" in the cylinder with no interference fit. Guess it makes sense now :thumbsup: but they looked the same before. Anyway, if someone needs a NEW LA Sleeve sleeve 100mm (3mm over) for an XR600, let me know.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Owyhee

Posted November 28, 2007 - 08:21 AM

PM sent

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.